Sunday, December 3, 2023

"Airie in The City" Yard House on Water Street is Finally Open + Another Rainy Day Look of the Day in Fall Hues

  


We are getting a lot of rain the last month and a half and I love it. I love it because when it rains the temperature drops and then it feels very holiday like, it feels like it's already Winter and I like it. The last few days I have been rocking these simple dresses that I got years ago when I was a Just Fab Ambassador. They don't sale dresses like this anymore. I like the style, the color, and the simplicity. It's an easy dress to throw on and head out and look cute.

I have been recovering from hurting my tailbone way ba k in July/August. It flares up every once and again and having some dresses like these are good because right now it is hard to walk. Anyway, and it's raining. So, if you see a cute simple A line style of dress, buy it because you will get a lot of use out of as well as compliments.











Dress: Not recent


Oyster shell Earrings:  Procure Tampa 
Specifically by the Mermaid Girls Studio
discount code AIRIE15 which you can use for any online purchase for 15% off. 

Clocer Bracelets in white : (Local) Nairí Collection

Bracelets (precious stones) (Local) Nairí Collection

Necklace: Kendra Scott Rayne in rose glass (colour bar)

All rose gold bangles are also from Kendra Scott 

Headband: Lulus Boutique

Lipstick: MAC Shimmer and Spice

 



Yard House on Water Street 

This is Tampa's first only upscale sports bar with a beer garden and it is strategically located in the Water Street district across from the Amalie Arena and Thunder Alley. If you are not local to Tampa this area is not only a local hot spot for diners, shoppers, vacationers, and those who live here, but it is home to the Tampa Bay Lightning.

 I mention this because when there is a Lightning game this area gets flooded with patrons and having this restaurant  here right across the street takes a lot of the pressure off the other restaurants when the game let's out. It is also a sports bar so this is for those sports fans right? There will be people here when there is a Bucs game, a Lightning game, and the Rays. 



Mocktail plus 1 shot of vodka. They served it to me like this, I would have been fine if it were mixed, but its also fine this way.









My review as follows:

We came into the Yard House today on opening day. The restaurant is very, very large with one indoors bar and one outdoors bar. The wait today was long since it was opening day (almost 2 hours). They do not take reservations right now, so it's first come, first serve. The bar area is like that also. You can put your name on the waitlist online, which is a great thing to know. Although, it is helpful an FYI is that when you put your name on the waitlist, they give you 3 minutes to arrive when your table is ready, or you are removed from the list. I found this out today and was very glad to still be seated since we waited almost 2 hours, and I was only about 4 minutes late coming to check back in.

             


The restaurant is loud, very, very loud so be prepared for that. If you are by the bar area, it is louder and busier there, but they have a beer garden outside and some other seating that is a little less loud if you can request it. Our waitress was very great. She was helpful and friendly, and she got our order correct. The food came out fast. I was only here for half an hour after I was seated, which was truly impressive. I had the Cobb Salad with grilled chicken and ranch dressing, which is gluten-free. My husband had the Carne Asada Tacos, and you get a side of rice and beans, and you get a choice of 2 or 3 tacos. All of our food was good. It was a better quality than we have had at other sports bars, and our bill was under 60$, which was impressive for dining on Water Street. The mocktail I had was good, but it was really sweet. I appreciated that they gave me my vodka in a shot glass on the side so I could pour it in myself also.

                           

All in all, this was a good experience, especially for opening day, December 3rd. I will be back to try other items. I have Celiacs, and a lot of times, I can't eat much at sports bars. They have their vegan and gluten-free options itemized great on the kiosk as well as the calories. 


                          

No comments:

Post a Comment