Thursday, December 28, 2023

A Day In My Life: Date Night Edition at Ponte American: Anniversary Dinner Before Elysium ( Intro to Aircation to Country # 24)


One of the best feelings is the day before you know younare leaving on a vacation. Everything is packed, everything is done, you get to day dream about what you will experience and do while away. I always enjoy these "day before" posts because I am usually.in need of a vacation badly and I usually have already just mentally gone into vacation mode. 

Tonights dinner was exactly that, a romantic dinner before we leave, really no stress or strain about " oh, what will I wear to dinner" let me get some pics". I didn't want all of that. I had a few rings on my mind fashion wise.

I wanted to replace a Lipstick that I have been wearing for months, but it is most likely expired. You all have seen me wear this shade I'd Lipstick called Toucan for months, but it has been discontinued. I made a quick stop into Sephora to find aomerhing similar. I wanted the Fenty Barbie Lipstick, but that is only being sold on the Fenty Beauty website and it is sold out So, I opted for two shades of a similar dupe by Sephora.

Now, I already know there is always a brigade of women who do not believe Black women should wear any color other than a Rouge or Brown. I am not that type of woman; I am not afraid of color and I will wear it and love it.

So, no, I didn't even test it out because it was a pretty close match to the Lipstick I already have by Colour Pop. I applied at at the table in the dimly lit lounge. I looked at my husband and I said "How does my Lipstick look, is it too bright?" He said, "well, one thing I know is no matter where you are, I will be able to find you wearing that, and yes, you look great".

The next thing I wanted was a new perfume. I usually will buy new perfume while on vacation duty free, It is a long standing habit. I am a perfume girly and I love certain brands and certain scents that basically will always remind me of that trip or that feeling etc. So, I also got some new Gucci perfume.

No outfit stuff.

Vacation post 1 is here, it took a while for me to post because I have been busy!



Dinner at Ponte is always 5/5. I can hardly believe they haven't even been open for a year and we have been back about four times to specifically get my two menu favorites: the tuna crudo and the mushroom bisque. I also really love their raw oysters. If you haven't eaten on the lounge side it's a vibe. I enjoy both sides, but the Grammercy Lounge is more laid back and it's still upscale. It reminds me a lot of Eddie V's jazz lounge to be honest.

So, what is the day before Elysium? Well, I guess you all will have to wait and see. This is the start of my Anniversary Aircation Part. 3. Part 3 was always the plan, but we did some other things by default of this trip taking place not exactly on our actual anniversary. Summer is stressful so you know a short trip was necessary, but this is the trip I planned from the start.

XOXO








































 

No comments:

Post a Comment