Wednesday, October 16, 2024

The Hurricane Milton Blogs/Vlogs: Temporary Displacement Leads to Staycation: 3 Pc. Set + Louis Vuitton and Brunch at The Pearl

 


So, I know everyone is fully aware that Florida has been hit by not one, but two major hurricanes in the last 2 weeks. We got through Helene and then Milton was ready for Florida to hold his beer. Well, you know it was projected to hit Tampa, Fl dead on and we all were pretty worried,but Tampa has a way of getting by on the hair of its teeth. I am not in an evacuation zone so as usual we hunkered down. 


I have a lot of photos from the first three days which I will be posting most likely in the city Life VLOGS  because like every other storm, I had planned out meals and i got the few groceries ai needed to get us through the week.

Well, this was a first for me because for the first time everin my adult life, we lost power during the storm. I know when Irma hit, we lost power for about 40 minutes and that was it while my parents had no power for a week, but they like out in the country. So, when the back end of the storm started passing over us the power just started coming on and off like crazy and finally it just went off completely.













Set: Free People

Heels: Louis Vuitton

Bag: Louis Vuitton, vintage





We waited three days with no electricity and you know we tried to preserve our food, but after the third day everything was defrosting and it was getting really warm in the house. In general uncomfortable and our cell service went out pretty much the morning hours after the storm had completely passed.

So, we decided to go to a hotel which is tricky because everything was booked up, but I have my ways. So, this is the first day of that and I also have some posts prior that I am still working on when we were still without electricity also.

So, I have been to Hotel Haya in Historic Ybor City a bunch of times, I even had my birthday dinner there this February. I have never stayed there, I actually never thought I would be staying there because I like less than ten minutes away, but here we are.

I actually love this area (Ybor City) and I have always wondered what it would be like to stay at this hotel so I was low key excited, but I was worn out! I was exhausted from getting no sleep because it was hot, exhausted from the stress of this hurricane and all the preparation we made to get through it. I was craving basic comfort needs and I also hadn't had a proper meal for days. 

Since the day after the hurricane hit we were riding around checking to see what restaurants had power and food and it was touch and go. Essentially I was living off of protien bars and trying to get something hot to eat at night because the roads were not safe we had to limit our driving and there was no gas.














So, while I am sharing this, it's just my documentation of this once in a century storm that hit. My community is in peral and I do not want to make light of that. I am blessed to have been able to find and go to a hotel and blessed that we did not have any flooding or downed trees. Every area was different. On average it took about four days for a lot of us to get power back in the South Tampa area and a lot of people still do not have power and Wednesday will be a week.

1 million people lost power.

So, none of this is a brag, I legit lye in the bed after I checked in and didn't move for a few hours, I didn't even change the t.v. off of the welcome message. I was just so happy to have air-condition and wifi and food. My husband was taking extra showers just because he could finally shower without being in the dark. I low key am not lying when I say I definitely felt kind of traumatized. And I had to leave my cats at home, but they were chilling listening to birds and didn't even care that we left.





I actually didn't even know The Pearl had opened and when I saw that it was open I was beyond happy to go in there and eat everything because they have the only gluten-free menu that rivals that of some in Orlando at Disney Springs which serve sandwiches,  fries, tator tots, chicken wings....uughh all the things I can't get anywhere else and all those things that are comforting. So, starting our day with a nice decadent fatty meal was beyond needed because I was praying I did not loose any weight over those three days when we just had a hard time getting anything hot and gluten-free.











No comments:

Post a Comment