Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Stay Ette Wellness Hotel; The Anniversary Edit: #Aircation: Lilac Shades Of You Bustier Dress & Our Anniversary Dinner to The Foreigner (Wellness Food Tour- Orlando)


Big Big Energy. Happy 23 years my love or should I say: Feliz aniversario de novios mi amor. Veintitrés años juntos!

(thank you for helping me with my caption).

I learned of another couple who celebrates their anniversary of when they 1st started dating and theirs also happens to be the same date as ours! And they are famous. It's cool to see we aren't the only ones who never forget the day we first started dating. If not for that we wouldn't be here now would we!

It's time for a BIG little celebration 🍾 














J Luxe Label 15% off here  Lilac Shades Of You Bustier Dress

Jimmy Choo Maelie in black

Bag: Louis Vuitton Coussin PM

Necklace: Kendra Scott 

Clocer Bracelets in white : (Local) Nairí Collection

Earrings: Kate Spade Rocksbox

Heels: Jimmy Choo

Leather Headband: Free People

Butterfly clips: C/O Ettika

Lipstick: MAC Arianna Grande II



 Stop # 1 in my Wellness Food Tour - Orlando because we need food to feed our soul!

The Foreigner, Orlando (Audubon Park)

Chef Bruno Fonseca

                              

Caviar service (additional)


Caviar Service (for two) with Osetra,

pont neuf potatoes, egg yolk jam, pickled shallots,

citrus creme fraiche, and fresh chives.

This is an 11 course curated experience at the Chef's counter; opened just 8 months ago.  A list of the courses is at the end, I wrote it out the best I could as things were being described.


I did a mini food tour during my anniversary trip to my 2nd home Orlando! This year, a few restaurants in Orlando were Michelin star recipients and I had large goals to visit a lot of spots, but many did not accommodate those Celiacs. I remembered how much I wanted to visit the Foreigner restaurant and they were willing to make the accommodations for me. As shown I was given gluten-free bread as a substitute, potatoes in my soup instead of a tortilla and the 10th course cheese instead of the cake. Dinner was 5/5 and that joined my list of top 6 restaurants I have dined at this year. This was a perfect way to spend our anniversary. 

COURSE 1


COURSE 2



This is a 10 seat intimate dinner that seats at the Chef's counter. Every meal is prepared in front of you in a very detailed and inspiring experience. Some might think it is pretentious, but I have grown to appreciate dining experiences like this. We not only got to watch our food being made, but we got to talk to Chef Bruno and hear about how each course was prepared, but how that dish came to fruition, where the food was sourced, and how it was made, I appreciate very much the one on one experience which you do not get in a standard restaurant. 

This is fine dining, but in my opinion it is also very humble and the most delicious way to partake in a meal. You have great company and great food in a beautiful (un crowded) setting. You see exactly how each dish is made and you can taste every bit of expertise and ttime itt took to execute.


COURSE 3
NON-GLUTEN FREE VERSION


GLUTEN FREE VERSION


I often have said I became a bit of a food snob due to the fact that I have Celiac Disease. I can not eat just any food from anywhere without paying extreme consequences in the following days. It is easy to just go to a restaurant and pay for a "fancy meal" but it is much more to develop a love for food, a desire for whole foods and not substitutes to mimic the things that you once had. Dining like this gives me a great opportunity to experience a wide range of things, for example, tonight was the first time I had venison and it was amazing. Furthermore, I was actually turned away by a lot of places in Orlando that offer a set coursed meal because they did not accommodate Celiacs. I was so happy to have this exact dining experience on my 23rd anniversary. We both loved it.



COURSE 4


I want to add, I hate Fois Grois. I have had it so many times I I actually just have not enjoyed it. This course was more like a dessert and tthe Fois Grois was turned into a honey flavored mousse. If I wasn't told that was Fois Grois I would have never known.




COURSE 5 & 6
THIS IS THE NON GLUTEN FREE VERSON, MINE JUST HAD GF BREAD WHICH I DID NOT PHOTOGRAPH



These items are also listed below














COURSE 7





COURSE 8
(My favorite)





I am very saddened by the fact I can only return to Orlando a few times a year and a lot of times I am on such a tight schedule I can't do everything I want to do! I am so glad I got to come here, if you are in Audubon Park, come visit. You will not be dissapointed!


COURSE 9
NON GLUTEN FREE VERSION


COURSE 10
ALL CANDY AND MACARON MADE IN HOUSE 
(also served with coffee)








COURSE 11










The menu changes every month. From what I remember there are 2 - 4 static courses and the rest change.

1. Poached oyster with caviar

2. Beet salad with pea tendrils and creme fraiche

3. Caldo verde (Portugese soup) Jamon Iberico and potato, kale soup in fish broth (anchovies)

4. Froie gras in honey with fig

5. and 6. Black garlic and black truffle butter with charcoal activated bread +

charcuterie board: Iberico ham, rabbit roulette, saltd Cod, preserved clams, carrots,  stone ground mustard. 

7. Aged duck breast with apple and parsnip with grannies apples. Braised endive with duck jux

8. Venison loin with celery root pave. Jux with venison and lingonberries.

9. Little cake 

10. Coffee, macarons, bonbons and petit fours (Macaron, pear and cardimon, cinimon and cappuccino )

11. Marscapone  (I honestly forgot most of what this was)




No comments:

Post a Comment