Monday, October 23, 2023

"Airie in The City"Jekyll at Hyde Park Grand Opening...A Modern Speakeasy | LOTN Vintage Style in Polka Dot

 


Tonight we dined at Jekyll at Hyde Park which is Hyde Park's newest Speakeasy opened by Three Oaks Hospitality. Tonight was the grand opening and it is by reservation only. Jekyll at Hyde Park serves as a delightful precursor to dinner dates or girls nights out as they serve curated storytelling cocktails as well as light bites than can be described as appetizers, but more upscale than just "bar bites"


Now, I by no means am a "Monday person", I actually just don't "do Mondays" literally. I always take Monday off to be honest, but today seemed kind of whimsical to me and I felt adventurous. So, I set the mood with a very fashionable dress, this style is more of a classic style which is like a slip dress with a cowl neck, and the polka dots really bring a retro feel to it that I love.


I don't post a lot of perfume things on my blog, but I am a huge perfume lover. I have a nice little collection that I started when I was 19 years old. Yes, I have perfume that is now discontinued to my dismay, but sometimes they do bring those scents back which is how I got another bottle of my favorite Burberry perfume. Anyhow, I am not a fan of Chanel and I really don't buy it. My husband and I were on a cruise a few years ago and one of them was sold to me, I didn't know it was Chanel until months later, but I liked it. 

So, this scent came out this year and I wanted to buy it on my last cruise, but they didn't have any. It smells wonderful. It smells like I thought it wood. (that was a play on words, the scent profile in this one is wood which is one of my favorites).



















Dress: not recent

Earrings:  Procure Tampa 
Specifically by the Mermaid Girls Studio
discount code AIRIE15 which you can use for any online purchase for 15% off. 

Purse: Louis Vuitton Alma PM, vintage

Jimmy Choo Maelie in white

                                    Bangle: Rocksbox SLATE Evan Hinge Cuff in Gold

                                     Kelley Bangle Bracelet In Gold: Kendra Scott 

                                    Zorte Bangle Bracelet In Gold: Kendra Scott 

                                                 Anklets: 3 different ones, C/O Ettika

                                           Bracelet: Kendra Scott Abbie Statement in gold

                                       Boone small cocktail ring in gold: Kendra Scott


Lipstick: MAC Ruby's Crew



Okay, so I guess we are going to get more into this Speakeasy business here. If you are familiar with Speakeasies in the Tampa Bay Area you will know there are a couple. Jekyll at Hyde Park has managed to create a space all for its self that is unique and brings uniqueness to Hyde Park (Village). 

Now, I must say as a long time diner of Ciro's yes, this place reminds me of Ciro's which is not a surprise because Three Oaks Hospitality is behind both, I won't say how because that is actually what makes my date nights special there. So, they have that same vibe, but it is more spacious, more open, and honestly, it is a lot of fun (at least maybe the first time) coming in. 

One thing that was missed is sitting at the bar watching cocktails being made, but I did peep they had table side creations going on which is very very noice.


So, I guess the secret will get out eventually right? Jekyll is located in the Sesame bakery. I was informed the bakery was solely created to be the entrance, but then people started loving the bagels! So, I don't want to divulge too much because honestly, it is better if you try it on your own for the first time.




Jekyll at Hyde Park 

What I can say is Hyde Park Village has evolved so much is doesn't resemble what it was 10 years ago at all. I was skeptical how a Speakeasy would fit in here, but with the current new restaurants on this side of HPV it works really well because that area was kind of a dead spot for a while.

It also was low key and we like that.




So, this was my first drink and it was quite good and interesting and it has guava ice cream at the bottom of it and three kinds of rum which is a great nod to Tampa.

VIRTUE'S VICE
Mount Gay Ron Zacapa, Wray & Nephew, RumHaven,
orange pineapple, lime, soursop, Thai coconut




This was the second drink I tried.

LOVER'S
LOCK
Michter's, Laphroaig, Rabarbaro Zucca Ligueur,
Alvear Soleara Pedro Ximenez



So, what is cool about this cocktail is that they bring tinctures to the table so you can customize the drink to your tastes.




So, there was a lot of question if this Speakeasy served food or maybe light bites like "bar bites". The answer is yes. However, these are very much elevated and more complex than a "bar bite" that you might find somewhere else like marinated olives, meat and cheese offerings or sliders for example. 

Although there was no menu available, we were advised what was available opening night by our server. We opted for two items to taste. I believe there was about four or five options (one being a dessert item).




Soy marinaded mushrooms
- this item is not gluten free

So, I did not have this item because it was not GF, but my husband did. He said it was really great and would definitely recommend it.



Hamachi Crudo with truffles and crispy fried onions
- you can order this item gluten free

Shown is the non gluten free version, the GF is about the same they removed the crispy onions on mine. I absolutely love crudo. I think by now you all have adequately seen how I am about Hamachi Crudo. This one while small was made really really well. It had just the right amount of bite! The Hammachi was served tartar style and lightly salted with what I am guessing was sea salt. If you are a sea food lover and particularly one that likes raw seafood you will love this.




So, I guess there is one question you all want to know and it is where is it exacttly located and how do you enter? Well, that is all a part of the fun and I don't want to spoil that for you. So, make your reservations and just wait for the next step!







No comments:

Post a Comment