Friday, December 28, 2018

My First Alo Yoga Review: Tuscan Sun Set In Alo Soft + Additional Bra Top


So, for the last almost five years I had been a Fabletics brand ambassador so I predominately wore Fabletics during my workouts. Earlier this year they disbanded that program and although I still have plenty of outfits to review, I wanted to try something new. In my yoga journey I always have noticed that the most popular and bendy yogis wear this brand Alo Yoga. I was put off by the price, trust me an outfit averages almost 200.00 vrs what I was accustomed to 59.95 at Fabletics. So, I kept wondering is it really worth that amount of money? So I decided to try it since it had been a little while anyway since I purchased any new workout clothes.


Right off the bat I can tell you I noticed the difference in the fabric. So this set actually has another sports bra with it in the Tuscan Sun color and I went back and ordered this one also. The fabric that the leggings and original sports bra are made out of is called alo soft which is supposed to be their most soft fabric. It is indeed soft, I can wear this and sleep in it. I wasn't sure about sizing so I went by the size chart and ordered an XS. The XS is very very comfortable. I do prefer my workout pants to be a little tighter so I may order another pair in the XXS to see if there is a difference with the alo soft fabric.

So I have two different bras for this set. The second one is the Serenity bra. Normally, these types of bras don't fit me correctly because they are always too tight on my ribs. This one fit perfectly and was stretchable and breathable.



Anyhow, if you ask me I will tell you the set is definitely worth the almost 200.00. I have over 200-ish yoga sets- not individual pieces from Fabletics and nothing I have from there fits like this. I don't want this to be a Alo Yoga vrs. Fabletics review, but as I said it's basically all I have worn the last five years. Prior to being a brand ambassador I would just workout in anything that was clean and not hot; so this was quite a treat for me. From pulling the leggings on to feeling the waistband stretch naturally with my body was all a great feeling. I absolutely love the Tuscan Sun color. I have worked out in this set several times since November and washed it. The fabric has remained the same and there has been no shrinkage or stretching out of the fabric or waistline.


I would say if you are like me, how I was six years ago before all the brand ambassador stuff, I only needed two outfits to workout in and I rotated them and washed them daily. If you only need one or two sets then this is worth your money. One of the main issues I had when I worked out everyday during my weight-loss journey is that the clothes would get worn out too fast (VS Pink and their online woman workout brand mainly). This will last. So, that is my first Alo Yoga review. I will be back with another one in January because I was lucky enough to get a set on sale for Black Friday. I am not sure how often they have sales since I am a new customer by the way.
XOXO


High waist lounge legging

Alosoft Serenity Bra

Knot Bra

Alo Yoga


No comments:

Post a Comment