Monday, December 3, 2018

VLOG November City Life: Autumn Love & City Lights... In the City, Hauls, Gluten Free and Keto Home Cooked Meals + Candle Reviews



South Tampa Life: We are coming to the end of the month and going into the last glorious month of the year. I had to capture some of my favorite shots of South Tampa, my home to show you all how beautiful Fall can be here. We have had some beautiful sunsets and a little cooler weather which makes for great adventures downtown. How many years have I been posting City Life? In just a few months it will actually be five. Moving from Riverview to South Tampa is arguably one of the best things my husband and I ever did. Everyday I find so much to do out here and so many beautiful things to appreciate.

Getting around and showing you all how great Tampa is is always my priority! This month I had a lot of cool events scheduled and a lot of things that I did with my husband and family. Despite being sick for almost two and a half weeks I still managed to get a lot done. I am a little bit behind, but as a blogger sometimes that happens.

Then and now- almost 5years ago when I came to South Tampa


Curtis Hixon Park Winter Village

My life

1st annual tree lighting Armature Works



Butterfly wings are from Chewy.com they were only $2.00 after Halloween!







I finally got hubs to pick up a bottle of sparkling Rose for me. It was nice to try (at home, I have had it many times out), but I would prefer Caymus or Taylor Fladgate as a splurge.


This is one of the most popular wines at Cooper's hawk. So popular that they brought it back permanently. I have to admit it has a smooth taste and finish and not a lot of acidity. I am a wine club member and I actually picked up a few bottles of this and it went fast.




This month's Adore Me pick

This month's Adore Me purchase was pretty easy to come by because I love plaid. I finally purchased one of these corset type bras and it is surprisingly comfortable!


Avons "A few of My Favorite Things" Holiday A Boxes c/o
You can contact your Avon representative to order the A boxes retail $35.00 each, but you can get them for $10.00 with any $40.00 purchase.





Costa Rica:  lush passionfruit, pineapple, white coconut: this was very refreshing, the scent wasn't strong at all. On the second and third times lighting it the scent was lighter and lighter. When I smell it I think fresh laundry, cool breeze, and clean body (like right out the shower). It really is a great layering of fragrances. No one stands out, you just smell all three at once and it's heavy, but light at the same time.
Banana split milkshake: Sweet banana, chocolate sauce, cherry on top. This scent was cute, but it did not really fill my space and after a few lights it became undetectable. It really just smells super sweet and sugary and not really like a banana.

Iceland: Crisp Eucalyptus, Iced Juniper, sparkling glacier: So I am not really sure what a sparkling glacier smells like and I have actually been to ice glaciers in Alaska lol. The overall scent was enchanting to me and it did smell crisp. At first I did not care for the scent and it grew on me. It smells really clean. I think after all these months of reviewing candles I am starting to see a pattern with that scents I like.






Date Nights: This month on date nights we have had some fun times and some not so fun times. We certainly got around a lot and tried some new places and also returned to some places we (I) haven't been in years. For me, this year has been very interesting as a foodiva and as a local blogger and how I am perceived when visiting new and old places. My main goal is always to just make sure my food contains no gluten and to have fun trying new things. We finally even got my parents to come out to Soho and try some of our favorite restaurants. They usually hate everything, but we won them over with a few places.

Steelbach

Sea Salt st. Pete












Thai Prime



Oystercatchers Tampa









bottles and boards- peat street


The Local South Tampa





On Swann Tampa


On Swann
Bulla Gastrobar Tampa

Ciros Speakeasy






* ALL GLUTEN FREE FOODS COOKED BY MYSELF: RECIPES ARE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST IF NOT LISTED







  • 3 lbs (about 18) chicken wings
  • 1/2 cup hot sauce, I use Louisiana 
  • 1/4 cup white vinegar
  • 1 tbsp oregano
  • 2 tsp paprika
  • 1 tbsp garlic powder
  • 1 tbsp chili powder
  • salt and pepper to taste

  • Preheat oven to 425.

    mix all your ingredients together in a bowl and then add the wings coating them. Reserve some sauce to the side to baste the wings.
    Let the wings sit in the fridge covered and marinade while the oven heats.
    When the oven is heated place each wing on the baking rack evenly spaced out and let them cook for 35 minutes. When you plate them add a little of the reserved hot sauce on the wings and serve with ranch dressing.



    Lemon Pepper wings
    My lemon pepper wings are made the same way as the hot wings. The only difference is that I use fresh squeezed lemons, lemon pepper seasoning, and 4 tablespoons of butter to keep them moist.







    Ghost pepper chowder

    • 3 bay leaves
    • 2 cans diced tomatoes
    • optional tomato paste
    • parley
    • oregano
    • garlic powder
    • 5 garlic cloves minced
    • 3 fingerling potatoes
    • 1 (16-ounce) can clams plus juice
    • 1 bag of soup base from Publix
    • 2 cups water
    • 1/2 pound of shrimp 
    • 1 Ghost pepper
    • 1 tbspoon of hot sauce
    • 1/4 cup of white wine
    • Juice of 1 fresh lime
    • salt and pepper to taste
    Combine salt, pepper, 2 cans of diced tomatoes, ghost pepper, hot sauce, dry parsley, dry oregano, garlic powder, diced garlic, 3 diced fingerling potatoes and white wine in a sauce pot with 3 cups of water. Let this boil for 20 minutes and then add the frozen Publix soup base. Cook for 40 minutes then add the squeezed lime and clams with the juice and cook for 20 minutes. Add shrimp at the end and let cook for 10 more minutes then serve.


    Skillet Pork Chops










    Shrimp Moo Goo Gai Pan with Jasmine rice


    Keto version is riced zucchini


    No comments:

    Post a Comment