Monday, December 17, 2018

Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center Aircation: Ribbed Sleeveless Crop Sweater + Plaid Shorts + Ankle Boots




Hi loves! Today we are here at the Gaylord Palms Resort for the first time ever. We have been trying to go to the ICE event for about seven years now. In between college and not having 70.00 to spare to visit and then underestimating the long lines we have never been able to successfully attend. This year I was proactive and I got our tickets early so we are on this years last Aircation! I hope you all enjoy the photos. There will be a lot of photos on the recap that I will post in January.
Happy Holidays!















Ribbed sleeveless top: Zara

Plaid shorts: Zara

Ankle Boots: Just Fab similar Zoey or Deeta

Necklace: Kendra Scott Aiden in gold

Lipstick: Avon



Old Hickory House- Gaylord Palms

Rib Eye


So, this is one of those instances where I informed the waitress I had Celiac Disease, I asked her to check with the chef on a few side items to go with my steak. Now, she said that she did, but as you can see the creamed corn and the lobster bisque tested positive for up to 20 ppm of gluten. The thing that I hate is that at some point the error was made on the staff's behalf, yet the manager came out trying to see how I could possibly know that there was gluten in their food and so the burden of proof is put on me to explain how NIMA works.

As the story goes when this happens they have no idea there is such a device on the market that tests for gluten and you can't really argue with that device. I explained I can't take a chance with my health, I have Celiac Disease so ultimately it's up to me to test things and not just go on what the waitress says because look, I would have gotten glutened on the first night of my vacation.

 Do I think that this restaurant should be cancelled? Normally, I would say yes because either the waitress actually didn't check, the chef didn't know and just guessed, or their cooking area is cross contaminated with gluten. However, its really easy to eat gluten free at a steakhouse.



Lobster Bisque



These two items that I asked them about normally do contain gluten which is why I asked the waitress to check and thats also why I tested them. If you play it safe at a steakhouse and just get the steak, the mashed potatoes, and mushrooms you should be fine. But in all honesty I would think twice and go somewhere where I know for sure the staff is completely trained on what gluten is and gluten cross contamination.





No comments:

Post a Comment