Friday, September 23, 2022

Summer Restaurant & Fashion Tour 2022: Romance at Baba St. Pete | Meet the Orange Splice LOTN

  

So, this is a fun blouse that became popular in other areas of the world before it even showed up in American boutiques. I started shopping boutiques years ago when I first became a YouTuber, but all boutiques are not created equal. As we all know anyone can launch a boutique (reference She by Shein lol) and all of those clothes most time come from one or two large manufacturers. I have always been a strong advocate for having more of a staple wardrobe of items that can last, be re-worn every year and that are made sustainably. 


For a little while now I have been focusing on local, but I found a plethora of items at stores that are on the other side of the world and it feels fabulous! So, I love color blocking and I really liked this blouse, it can be styled so many ways. It is large on me yes, this is the smallest size, but its light and breathable! It's made of lenon and I wore it on this day, peak Summer heat, but I was all good!


I noticed this style of blouse start popping up in the US boutiques around July so you can definitely find it, but I am not sure that it will be made of a natural sustainable fabric. The skirt is a Jean skirt, you may not be able to tell; it isn't the star of this show. What is your favorite thing about Summer fashion?














Silicy Shirt - Orange Splice: Gingham & Heels, currantly no link for this I bought it in January, but this blouse is similar

Skirt: Red Dress Boutique, not recent

Cherie Slingback Heels: Louis Vuitton

Papillion Trunk: Louis Vuitton

Bangle: Kendra Scott Candace in gold

Earrings: Kendra Scott Elle in rose gold

Anklets: C/O Ettika


Here is a recap where I have already visited this Summer on this tour! I have one more restaurant to post after this!
*This tour is not sponsored (No free dinners here)

Jimmy's Tacos Ybor City

Alta Mare Fish St. Pete (Newly Re-opened & Now known as Allelo)

Social Roost St. Pete

Chanta Hyde Park

Driftlight at JW Marriott Waterstreet




Baba Bakery and Cafe on Central
St. Pete





So, we really enjoyed our time at Baba Bakery and Cafe. The menu is small, but its delightful, fresh, and healthy. The website is listed online as a Lebanese restaurant and in other places it's listed as Mediterranean. Either way, I love the food options and that doesn't matter to me it just makes it hard to define what type of restaurant it is when recommending it. The space is small and intimate which can lead to a dinner with great connections among lovers and friends. They have a large outdoor area that is really pretty in my opinion and probably great for Fall and Winter nights when it isn't too humid.

What was great is that the menu has a clear delineation for what is gluten free which is great because a lot of places moved away from doing that which makes the ordering process longer in my opinion if you are a Celiac like I am. My husband and I love hummus and often make our own at home. I like that you can build your own spread. The hummus is obviously delicious, but we did really love the Greek yogurt with roe. The veggies and lettuce that comes with the spread is so fresh and they give you a lot. YES to that. It comes with many options like lettuce, endive, carrots, cucumbers, and the little rainbow radishes (I am not sure exactly what they are).

Anyhow, the cocktail Kilio cocktail was absolutely delicious and delightful I have never had anything quite like that before. I have often said a lot of restaurants will do too much for my taste with cocktails, and then some are too simple and I found this one to be just right for me. 

My favorite would be the Village salad which I myself make a version of this at home all the time, but they have a really delicious dressing here (which I obviously don't make at home lol) and really great feta which I don't have. 

The last thing that was very much enjoyed is the fresh made daily Halva which my husband ordered. He had a short convo with our waiter about it and it's origins because he first had it in another country so he enjoyed that. I think this place is a great place for date night, I hope you all check it out!



MEZZE

Village salad: tomato, cucumber, red onion, feta, olives





SPREADS

Hummus chickpeas, tahini, garlic/ Tyrokafteri spicy feta cheese/ Taramasalata greek yogurt, fish roe, dill









Lamb chops: coriander yogurt, spiced carrots, salsa macha, mint





LARGER PLATES

Daily fish: braised leeks, potato, almonds, confit tomato (Tilefish)


Not gluten free


DESSERT (made in house daily)

Halva


hanger steak muhammara, lemon potatoes, parsley

No comments:

Post a Comment