Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Summer Restaurant & Fashion Tour 2022: Jimmy's Tacos #TacoTuesday and Cotton Plaid 2 pc Set + Jimmy Choo Sandals

 






























Sandals: Jimmy Choo Maelie in white

Bag: Louis Vuitton, Over The Moon

Earrings: Kendra Scott Elle


Jimmy's Tacos
Ybor City

This month I am starting my Summer restaurant tour which will feature new restaurants around the Tampa Bay and St.Pete area. I did the same tour last Summer and it was so much fun! I am starting first with Jimmy's Tacos in Ybor City. This is one of the best places to get an authentic birria taco in Tampa. 

Just off of 7th Ave. you will find this small eatery with some outdoor patio tables in which you cab walk up and place your order. The menu is small and it is not expensive.

Dietary restrictions ... They tried their best to accommodate my having Celiacs. Unfortunately, they do have tacos and burritos that are made from wheat tortillas on their menu. With that being said they can not eliminate cross contamination on their grill even if they clean off an area to cook my food specifically which they said they did. 

I still have some of my gluten testers and I tested three areas of my shrimp tacos. 2 areas came back positive for gluten and the area of the taco (the inside which would have never made contact with the grill) tested gluten free. That is not a surprise.


Shrimp tacos



What's the verdict? I had to give my tacos to my husband; so, he had his birria tacos and my shrimp tacos. He loved the tacos a lot. He did agree so far that was the best birria he has had to date. The authenticity stands out. It made a fun and quick date for a weekend afternoon. I would recommend it for anyone with Celiacs, but if you can have a little cross contamination it is basically your call.

I will be back with him even though I cant eat the tacos. I did try to order a taco salad and that is also served in a fried wheat shell of some type so that was also a no go for me.




Birria tacos







No comments:

Post a Comment