Saturday, July 23, 2022

Summer Restaurant & Fashion Tour 2022: Driftlight at JW Marriott Waterstreet | Floral Kimono Dress + Jimmy Choo Wedges

                           

Have you guys been loving this year's restaurant and fashion tour so far? I am sharing with you an outfit I blogged during the pandemic and it was a home lounge look. I am wearing it out for the first time to see how it can be styled and elevated. It is dressier with a belt and heels, you can see the original look here. I like that this dress has aa lot of movement and it is free flowing, it is a large dress, but since I cinched  the waist it drapes nicely and shows my frame more.


                               

                           



















Kimono Dress: Not Recent, Lulus Boutique

Wedges: Jimmy Choo, not recent

Bag: Louis Vuitton

Lipgloss: Fenty Glossbomb


Driftlight at JW Marriott Waterstreet Hotel

It took a while for people to start paying attention to this place because when the JW Marriott Waterstreet Hotel opened all the focus was on SIX which is the rooftop restaurant on the sixth floor. SIX is a completely different concept than Driftlight as Driftlight is more along the lines of a traditional, but modern steakhouse. Now, it took me an entire year to convince my husband to go here with me (can you believe this because he loves steak) and to his chagrin,. he loved  the experience.







Now, I am going to start with this drink, I have never been one to shy away from carrot juice, in fact my mom used to make me drink it when I was a child, so when I saw this cocktail that was made from carrot juice I was intrigued. It did meet my exceptions! I hate overly done cocktails to be honest, I like craft cocktails, but not ones where there are a million things in them which I have never heard of. This one was supposed to be like a carrot juice margarita and I loved it! I loved the baby carrot garnish also.


LOBSTER BISQUE

SPRING ONION OIL, CITRUS CREME FRAICHE (NOT GLUTEN FREE)





KEY LIME CAESAR SALAD (GLUTEN FREE W/O CROUTONS)



This salad looks plain and bland right? And I know you are probably wondering why did I even bother with photographing it. Well, it is the dressing. This key lime Cesar dressing pops and hits differently than any other anchovy based Cesar dressing I have ever had. It was delicious and refreshing. Also, the salad greens and parmesan cheese were top quality and due to the way it was plated I was able to eat the second half of this at home the following day and it wasn't wilting.


FRIED BRUSSELS SPROUTS (CAN BE PREPARED GLUTEN FREE, THESE WERE)

 HEIRLOOM CAULIFLOWER, FRESNO PEPPER, TOMATO PONZU



NEW YORK STRIP (GLUTEN FREE)





CRISPY AIRLINE CHICKEN BREAST  (GLUTEN FREE W/OUT GRAVY)

CAROLINA GOLD RICE, RED ISLAND SEA PEA HOPPIN’ JOHN,

CHISTARRAS CHORIZO, CILANTRO GREMOLATA, PEPPERED GRAVY



This dish on paper looks great. I am so sure it tastes great in all its listed perfection. It was modified for me to be gluten free excluding the gravy which probably is what really tied this whole dish together. I love Southern food and low country food and this was an obvious homage to that. Everything was delicately chopped (which I can appreciate as it took me aa while to develop basic knife skills). My chicken was actually way over roasted to the point that it was hard for me to eat. That was pretty much my only complaint.






Overall, the dining experience was great and I would recommend this place, I would return, and I especially liked that they have hours that are late (open until 10pm). A lot of places are still closing early due to the pandemic and that is one of the reasons we ate here the night that we did because a lot of places I wanted to try for my next stop in my tour closed at 9pm. There were some seafood dishes on the menu that look to be gluten free so I would definitely be back to try those and get the oysters, carrot margarita, and Key Lime Cesar again. 

XOXO




No comments:

Post a Comment