Friday, August 18, 2023

2023 Food Tour: YOUNG, HUNGRY, & CURIOUS | A Visit to Oaks on 4th | Featured: Vintage Style x Modern Quiet Lux


#NAPDRESSNATION


If there is any dress I want you to remember I introduced you all to this year it is this one, the Nap Dress.

We have all seen this type of dress before, it is basically the same dress that was super popular in the early 2000's which was made of Terry cloth and worn at the beach or pool, but this one is definitely quiet lux in a sure re-design that makes it worthy of being in your closet capsule.


The Nap Dress is made of a high end thick fabric that is natural and it breathes, meaning, it doesn't get hot when you are outside. The dress has structure and design which makes it stand out amongst its lazier made counter parts, the jersey styled dress. The routing makes it form fitting and its looks good and fits in any body type. And oh, did I mention, you can get it monogrammed.

This is the quiet luxury you need in your life and you can get a 15% off discount with my code on your first order.







                                                                  The Nap Dress: Hillhouse 
                                             Use my link for 20% off your first order over $100

                                                                        Heels vintage

                                                         Lipstick: MAC Plum & Dandy


                                      2023 Food Tour: YOUNG, HUNGRY, & CURIOUS











10. Oaks on 4th



Oaks on 4th
St.Pete 


So, my next stop on my food tour is a little place in St.Pete called Oaks on 4th. You will find here some beautiful old Oak trees in their parking lot as well as a new restaurant in what looks like a semi renovated space.

We had a wonderful time there as everyone was so nice and accommodating during our visit. Our waiter did a great job making sure everything I had was gluten-free. From my guess, it wasn't somerhing they really get asked a lot so he needed to check on a lot of things that were on the menu.

I am pretty easy going because I know a lot of places do not have a lot of gluten-free options. I just wanted grilled fish, a veggie and mashed potatoes which was easy. I did get the grilled mahi mahi which was delicious, but a little overcooked. It was however, a large amount and it paired so well with the tapenade they served on the side. I would 100% return there for this.



Mushroom bisque
not gluten free












Fresh raw oysters 







Deviled eggs
Gluten Free 

The stand out dish for me was the Tajin deviled eggs with avacado, Cotija cheese, greens, and corn. Wow, I have never had deviled eggs like this before. I actually have never even had Tajin before which is probably why I loved this so much. This one is a must try if you come in! 

Lastly,  their oysters are well priced and good. They aren't serving Gluf oysters either so that is why I mention the price etc. it is a very good deal. It looks like stop #10 was a hit. 

Where will I go next?




This is how the plate arrived to me, I often will rearrange the plate for my photos. I am just disclosing this because it is the truth, I wouldn't want to portray something that is not true and have people visit thinking "Well, this doesn't look like X-Y-Z persons Instagram page".


This 100% is reality vrs. Instagram. I re-arranged the plate. I practice plating all the time. I cook at home, I love food photography and I am neurotic AF and so this is what I did- not to say the first plate was not fine. 

Also, a lot of times, I get my food plated like the first photo because I am a Celiac, the Chef usually puts everything on the side for my safety and health!


So, to be very clear, everything other than this photo, I did. You may go here and your plate will look 100% different. My opinions on the meal below.










MUSHROOM BISQUE

Button mushrooms, gold potato, truffle cream, chives, crispy mushrooms, porcini dust.

DEVILED EGGS
Dukes’ mayo, avocado, blistered corn, tajin spice, shredded queso fresco, cilantro, pickled chili pepper.

MAHI MAHI
Bimini straights, char grilled, citrus olive tapenade, capers, tomatoes, roasted garlic, shallot, rice pilaf.

CREEKSTONE FARMS RIBEYE

All-natural beef, Kahwa coffee crusted, bleu cheese potato

gratin, glazed mushrooms, garlic broccolini, sherry pepper cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment