Saturday, August 12, 2023

Something New: Aircation Country # 23 The Dominican Republic | Rosy Collared Shorts Set*

 


This was the first day on vacation that I truly felt like I was on vacation and just felt the stress lift a little bit. We spent rime in the Bahamas, we have been to Nassau a couple of times, Eleuthera , Princess Cay, and Cocoa Cay.

 I have always wanted to go to Bimini and back in 2020 we booked our first cruise with Virgin Voyages (their inaugural cruise to be exact) and it was cancelled because the pandemic started. 

So, naturally I was excited to go to Bimini, but I basically expected it to look just like all the other areas we had been to. So I was just literally excited to go to DR because it would be a new country on my list and it would very something new. At the time of our visit we didn't have to deal with rain, but omg it was so hot. It was like 95 degrees and the feels like was 109 so we did not want to be out for long. I overheat quickly and unexpectedly and I don't play around like that if I don't need to.


What I loved about this experience is that everyone travels different and I for one am a luxury travel and lifestyle blogger. I travel soft. I will definitely go hard when I want to as evidenced when we went to Cuba and we battled that heat for days and my very cherished trip to Washington  D.C. in 2012 which also took place smack dab at the end of hot July.

But, if you ask me my most honest answer is that I'm usually partying soft and in this post that's what we did. The Dock House was slept on hard on this cruise because no one is partying there, it's all vibes. It's laid back, it's mostly empty, no one is wearing swimwear without cover ups and dancing and getting drunk. It is a whole other vibe.

So, even though it was like a hundred degrees we hung out on the aft of the ship and I had cocktails, we had mezze   and all kinds of Mediterranean food, a live DJ and this awesome view of Punta Cana and it was all inclusive (Except for the drinks). And when we were done we walked back to our cabin. I got just a little taste of what I would be like if we had a little boat or a yacht or something like that and it was a total vibe. This is one of my favorite moments of my trip, albeit it was not as comfy for hubs because for some reason he packed jeans and no shorts for a cruise to the Caribbean, but that is another story. 

XOXO.













Rosy Collared Shorts Set — French Florets YLLW

Earrings: Kendra Scott Danielle in Mother of Pearl

Cat Eye Sunnies: Louis Vuitton

Headband: Lulus

Anklets: 3 different ones, C/O Ettika

Bracelet: Kendra Scott Abbie Statement in gold

Boone small cocktail ring in gold: Kendra Scott

Lipstick: MAC Bombshell



Puerto Plata
Dominican Republic

The Dockhouse














No comments:

Post a Comment