Tuesday, June 13, 2023

2023 Food Tour: YOUNG, HUNGRY, & CURIOUS | The Tides Seafood Market & Provisions (Safety Harbor) | Narjia Midi Dress + Burberry Wedges





Tonight's Excursion was quite fun, like it turned into a whole date night. Now, I started with this beautiful cotton dress. I have been looking for this dress for a whole. I bought a dress like this years ago from Shein and it was poorly made and made from who knows what kind of fabric. I ended up throwing the dress away because of this, but like many things at Shein they are copies that are made from popular more expensive items.

When I found this dress and it was made of 100% cotton I was so excited. I usually don't wear black during the Summer for a few obvious reasons. 1. the color black absorbs more heat which will make you hotter while outside and 2. I like to wear bright colors during the Summer months because they make me happy.


I made an exception for this. I love the design, the contrast of the black fabric with the white stitching and the large pockets. The dress is too big on me so I added a belt to cinch the waist. Anytime I am working with nudes, reds, blacks, and whites I take the opportunity to pair it with my Burberry items because I don't get to wear them as often as I would like.










So, tonight we are making another stop in my 2023 Food Tour. Now, you might ask how many stops will there be? I planned on making 10 total. This is stop #6. I have been planning on going out to Safety Harbour for quite a while now. I believe my last trip out there was in 2012 or 2013 when I went to a seafood festival. Tonight I had just planned for dinner, but we actually found out it was 3rd Friday at Safety Harbour.












Narjia Midi Dress: Gingham and Pearls

Buckle Up Belt: Gingham and Pearls

Hat: Local 

Micro Bag: Burberry

Wedges: Burberry, not recent

Necklace: Kendra Scott Rayne

Earrings: Kendra Scott, Elle

Lipstick: MAC Bombshell








2023 Food Tour: YOUNG, HUNGRY, & CURIOUS








"The Tides Seafood Market & Provisions in Safety, Harbor, FL offers premium quality seafood, all-natural meats, sustainably grown produce, dairy and cheeses, eggs and other grocery items, beer, and wine, as well as several prepared foods to go.

The focus is to highlight products local to Florida, but also carry both regional and national items that are produced with integrity and are of highest quality."




This restaurant came on my radar very organically like many do. I was aware that it was a pretty laid back setting anf located in a market. Things like that do not deter me because often this is the best food. When you enter the sitting area, which is small is right off to the right and you seat yourself. We had an enjoyable dining experience. 

I love oysters and they have fairly cheap oysters and it is a low price all day not just during happy hour like some places do. The oysters were good, however they had so much ice water in them and around them they didn't have the beloved oyster "liquor" which is really rhe best part. As a result, they just tasted like ice water. 









We tried a few items off the menu. Obviously, the Grouper Sandwich was great. If you are in the Tampa Bay area and you can't make a Grouper Sandwich right I just don't know what to tell you! Almost every local restaurant has Grouper as entrées and Grouper sandwiches *grilled or fried). This one came with a side of orzo (interesting choice). My husband liked it.

The Yellowtail Snapper and Pecan dirty rice was 5/5. It was WELL SEASONED. It had a great roasted texture, I could pick up a hint of Old Bay, but not too much. I was unsure I would like the Pecan dirty rice because of the pagans. They were pretty finely grated or cut up. They gave the rice a really cool texture. In my opinion this is probably the best thing on the menu next to the Grouper Sandwich. 

This place is pretty cool for a date night especially if you go on the 3rd Friday like we did. It's like a huge party on Main Street that lasts until 10pm.





MKT














No comments:

Post a Comment