Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Aircation: The Dewey; Pass-A-Grille- Beach | Birthday Dinner #9 | Sand Caribbean Skies Skirt Set + Chinese Laundry Hotness



Today's birthday dinner starts in three parts because ae started out at the beach then went to a rooftop restaurant for raw and roasted oysters.  We dinished off with dinner.

Today was another beautiful day in my favorite place which is my home. I love this beach so much because not only is it iconic and historic, but the water is so beautiful! 

Today's look isn't one that I would wear while not on vacation because to me it is a bit "extra" as in dressy-ness, but since it is my birthday and we are by the beautiful beach I very much obliged.




















Sand Caribbean Skies Skirt Set: JLUXLABEL

Cuff: Kendra Scott Candace in fold

Cuff: Kendra Scott

Shell Earrings: C/O Ettika

Necklace; C/O Ettika

Necklace: Iced out cube "A" C/O Capsule Jewelry

Heels: Chinese Laundry Hotness, vintage

The Dewey is a restaurant that you should tey at least once. Not only is it right by the beach, but they have this beautiful rooftop bar where they serve drinks, oysters, and they have different events. You can stroll in and enjoy an oyster tasting or just check out the rooftop for cocktails. You will have a beautiful sunset most days of the year. The rooftop has different hours than the main restaurnt ehich is why we missed it last time, but we were there at the right time for my birthday dinner.


First off, the oysters are pricey.  They average about 4 to 4 and a half dollers each and you can get Blue Points cheaper than this around here as well as Gulf Oysters (which not everyone likes). The cool thing is they have a great oyster selection and its a lot that I hadnt tasted before. In retrospect,  i liked the raw oysters better than the cooked due to some interesting combinations that were served. 

I enjoyed the raw oysters more in their mostly natutal state. You can try this at your own risk, however, as an oyster lover 100$ for half a dozen roasted and 9 raw oysters was too much. I wasn't necessary in my opinion. I love to prepare oysters at home and I also get them all the time from other places and the price seemed steep.














The main dining room and restaurant for The Dewey 
Pass A Grille Beavh
St. Pete





This cocktail was amazing and I highly recommend it.



 So, next we had dinner in the main restaurant and there was a pre Fixe menu that weekend that I wanted to try.

So, I will start with my meal first which is prepared gluten free. I thought the price was fair for the menu. However, the whole meal was lacking from start to finish.

 This restaurant is a sister restaurant to Mise En Place which has amazing food and this menu wasn't up to par with the level of food they serve. However, the main menu was 5/5. I will also add, the Baklava that was served was 5/5 at the end of my meal, BUT it wasnt gluten free so my husband ate that.

 He however, loves Baklava and has even had authentic Baklava and he said that was probably top tier; we were told it was made in house by the pastry Chef.













Everything below is from the regular menu. My husband said all of his food was 5/5.  The pork shank was ridiculous (as in amazing).  A lot of times my food will end up being extremely bland because some people don't know what has gluten in it ot what gluten actually is (a lot of time people think I can't have grains and rice suprisingly). So, as a result, they don't season it and don't put any oils or butters and I get a lackluster experience and my husbands food ends up being amazing.

 Although,  its disappointing, I am usually happy for him that his food was great. The pre fix dinner was about 45 or 49$ for 3 courses and while it was lackluster, it was food and I ate. Do I wish it was better? Yes.

 This was my second time here and both times it was just ok, I think the beach and the ambiance gives more to the better review as well as the higher prices.











No comments:

Post a Comment