Wednesday, April 19, 2023

2023 Food Tour: YOUNG, HUNGRY, & CURIOUS | A Visit to Sōl Bistro St. Pete 100% Gluten Free Restaurant | LEWK Welcome Spring & Cotton Candy Skies

  




For my third stop in the food tour I am taking you to a local restaurant that I love. Sōl St Pete is an intimate, family owned and operated, seasonal, local farm-to-table, completely gluten-free restaurant that is free from most common allergens. The executive chef is Debbie DeVico-O’Neil and she is also the founder as well as co-owner with her husband. 

Chef Debbie also has celiac disease and has many other food allergies which is why she was inspired to start this bistro. She was a holistic and allergen-free private chef and caterer for 9 years prior to opening Sōl Bistro and every time I have visited she is right there in the main dining area greeting and speaking to everyone. She has been immersed in holistic health and wellness for 20+ years and has a lot to share when it comes to the food that is sourced for the restaurant.

On my first visit I was afraid to even try the wine because as a Celiac I noticed a long time ago that wine in particular was triggering autoimmune reactions in me. I would have skin sensitivity, swelling, pain in my joints and muscles, and poor digestion even though I wasn't even drinking that much of it. I stopped drinking wine in 2014 I believe and have had a glass here or there since, but nothing significant other than Prosecco. Anyhow, she assured me that she too had the same issues, but to give the natural organic wine a try at the restaurant and I did and I didn't have any reactions. 

What was also great was that she too has Celiacs and so she understood what I was saying about the adverse reactions and in the past people did not believe me because they just did not understand. So, below you find my first dining experience which was a prix fixe experience.












Blouse: Faithfull the Brand, not recent

Sweater: Not recent, Red Dress

Jeans: DL1961, not recent, similar here

Sandals: Jimmy Choo Maelie in white

Anklets: 3 different ones, C/O Ettika

Bracelet: Kendra Scott Abbie Statement in gold

Boone small cocktail ring in gold: Kendra Scott

Bag: Louis Vuitton, Alma PM Vintage

Hair Bow: Free People

Lipstick: MAC Lovers Only





2023 Food Tour: YOUNG, HUNGRY, & CURIOUS


                                

                                            3.  Sōl Bistro St. Pete (100% Gluten Free Restaurant ) with Vegan Options

                  


Sōl Bistro St. Pete

Sōl Bistro St. Pete is a 100% Gluten Free restaurant which also has Vegan options. They also have non alcoholic or 0 proof herbal elixirs which is why I chose my hubby's photo to be the headliner as he does not drink and he usually declines 0 proof drinks also. Much to my surprise, he loved this herbal elixir. I did not drink it, I just had a sip and so he could obviously describe it better than I could, but it tasted more complex than a cocktail. It reminded me kind of like how a digestif tastes which is a word that a lot of people do not even use much anymore. It was very herbaceous and not just blended juices and seltzer water.


COMPLIMENTARY HOUSE SALAD
Baby greens seasonal produce and fresh herbs, imported sheep pecorino romano or plant-based mozzarella, millet and flax croutons, and our family's signature aged balsamic vinaigrette


So, since this was our first time here we started out with the prix-fixe experience which is about 70$ per person for three courses not including the complimentary salad. I do believe this also came with a glass of organic wine which you could have an 8 ounce pour or split it into a three glass 2-3 ounce wine flight (tasting).


So, we loved this restaurant and would highly recommend it to anyone whether you have a specific diet or not. It is super chill, but has a chic and European vibe. The owner herself is Italian, created the menu, and is super sweet and helpful.

Below you will find my husband's meal and then mine. I will say, their seafood and steak is 10/10. You can smell it cooking from the kitchen and it is like wow. They do have a lot of outdoor seating, but we sat inside and it is a little dim, but I prefer to take photos with a natural light so this captures the exact ambiance.


Celiac-safe onion rings! House-made vegan breading.





PRIXE-FIXE MEAL #1



COURSE ONE

Creamy Roasted Sweet Potato Bisque

silky, vegan roasted sweet potato bisque with nut-free, vegan basil pesto
also Vegan


COURSE TWO


Surf & Turf

Tender grass-fed and finished filet mignon with juicy colossal shrimp served with seasonal mash and seasonal vegetables.





COURSE THREE









PRIX FIXE MEAL #2
This was my meal


COURSE ONE

French onion soup (this was my first time ever having it, the croutons are GF). This can also be prepared Vegan.


COURSE TWO



Tuna with jumbo shrimp and chard
(I highly recommend this one).






COURSE THREE



Gluten free brownie (my favorite)
I took this home and ate the remainder with Vegan vanilla ice cream.





                    

No comments:

Post a Comment