Thursday, April 6, 2023

Procure by the Woman's Creative (Grand Opening) Hyde Park Village

 


So, Saturday I was invited out to check out a new store called





This is a concept that I must explain a little bit. The owner of Procure is a Chicago native which is where the flagship store is. She has roots in Tampa and chose to open a second shop in Hyde Park Village (rated fourth best neighborhood to live in the United States might I add).

So the concept of the store is that she gives opportunities for women of color to showcase and sell their items, whether they are handmade or not, in her store. There is a plethora of different items for sale in the store and I got a chance to check it all out. Procure provides a curated collection of small, women-owned brands.




As you can see from the photos, there are clothes, jewelry, natural hair products, soaps, even food! My husband came in to pick me up and he ended up buying a big bag of granola which he loves all while eyeballing shampoo bars and soaps.

For myself, I naturally looked at jewelery, clothes, and home items. I love handmade items as well as locally made items, especially artwork. Those hand painted shells I showed in this post are now mine and sitting on my nightstand.

I am very happy to say I am now an affiliate with Procure Tampa and I will be for a while. I have a discount code AIRIE15 which you can use for any online purchase here. 

I also picked up these lovely hand painted oyster shell earrings.




Outfit:

Blazer: Zara, not recent

Dress: Zara

Jimmy Choo Maelie in black















"Procure is committed to unity and care in every area of our work.  We commit to hearing, including, and valuing every person who we interact with.  

We understand that communities are not accidentally diverse, and we commit to intentionally welcoming, and facilitating the voice, leadership, and presence of all people.  

We commit to creating space where glass ceilings can break, where knowledge gaps are easily filled and to create access where it was not before. 

We commit to leading our communities towards permanent change in a way that is more  equitable, diverse, and inclusive."


No comments:

Post a Comment