Saturday, April 29, 2023

Birthday Aircation Sarasota (SRQ) 2023 | Birthday Dinner #10 Michael's on East| Crop + Maxi Skirt


For my #10 birthday dinner we decided to try out a new place that a couple worker had recommended which is Michaels on East. The owner Michael has a mo they Epicurean Pre Fixe menu that changes every month. For the month of April the menu was an Israeli menu. 

Upon entry, you will see Michael's has an absolutely beautiful twinkle light patio which is where I took some photos after dinner.

The restaurant is very large and inviting, but upscale. We had a really great rime there and the owner Michael even came out to chat with my husband and I. We were informed by he and our waitress that he actually flew all the way to Israel and sourced the food and spices for the menu.











I was quite happy with the complementary pappadam which is from what I can tell always gluten free. On this night I did come there for the lobster boil which was only available on Fridays and that night they didn't have it. In retrospect I wish I had asked what was gluten-free on the Israeli menu because my husband loved his food.

At the end of dinner I was presented with a slice of gluten-free crumble cake and vanilla Gelato which I must say was absolutely delicious! The cakes and breads are baked in house there and you could not even tell the crumble cake was gluten-free.  It reminded me a lot of a coffee cake to be honest.

Anyway, This was a wonderful experience and I was so glad we got to try this place out. We are definitely keeping it on our radar because we love curated meals and pre fixe meals.

Photos below





This is just a second set of photos taken with the flash. We both liked both sets. All of these photos were taken after I ate diner so yes, skirt is now un-zipped in the back. The food was so good, sorry, not sorry.












Palmer Crop - Powder Blue & Palmer Maxi Skirt: Gingham & Heels

Necklace:C/O CAPSUL Jewelry

DISCOUNT CODE FASHIONTOLIVE FOR 20% OFF


I am very happy to say I am now an affiliate with Procure Tampa and I will be for a while. I have a discount code AIRIE15 which you can use for any online purchase for 15% off. I am wearing the hand painted oyster shell earrings in blue.

Sandals: Jimmy Choo Maelie in white

Anklets: 3 different ones, C/O Ettika

Bracelet: Kendra Scott Abbie Statement in silver

Boone small cocktail ring in gold: Kendra Scott

Kendra Scott Boone cocktail ring in silver



So, one of my husbands co- workers recommended this upscale restaurant to us. I was laughing kinda, because when my husband mentioned it, I told him I was checking it out. We are both very glad we did!



Pappadam
Gluten Free






Cocktail: Pear Preassure 
Tito's spice pear liqueur, fresh lemon juice and cinnamon.



WHAT HUBS HAD:



Hoisin Duck & Veggie Spring Rolls

Sweet & Sour Chili Dipping Sauce & Pickled Ginger

NOT GLUTTEN FREE









"The culinary team at Michael’s On East is challenged to create new dishes inspired by the world’s most exotic destinations each month. Join us to experience ever-changing, palate-pleasing global cuisine with Michael's Epicurean Adventures. We invite you to enjoy special wine pairings for $10 per glass or $18 for the pairing. 

The three-course dinner menu is available Tuesday through Saturday evenings for $42.95 per person."


ISRAELI PRIX FIXE DINNER FOR APRIL:
STARTER



Lamb Araayes
Stuffed pita, cilantro, Shaabazi Spice, Tahini Sauce, tomato salad


Alright, so my husband always raves about the food he had in Israel so when I saw the menu I knew I had to go there, I wasn't able to go to Israel  with him, but like, I am a foodie and I am always excited for him and for him to have food that reminds him of his trips.




MAIN ENTREE


Braised lamb shank with olives and potatoes.
Seasoned with Ararat spice.




DESSERT


Middle Eastern sundae
Coffee ice cream, Yemen ice cream, Haalva floss, Silan, candied nuts, Orchidea Spice

WHAT I HAD:




Lobster & Escargots

Sautéed Maine Lobster, Escargots, Scampi Butter, Shiitake Mushrooms & Thyme Roasted Tomatoes

This was not exactly what I was expecting, but still good.

They prepared it gluten free, but you really do need the crispy bread for it.




Espresso-Rubbed Ahi Tuna

Ginger-Scallion Vinaigrette, Toasted Pistachios, Roasted Yellow Beets, Edamame, Hearts of Palm Salad and Gochujang Soy Sauce.


*Tuna appetizer, I had this as my meal because I wanted the seafood platter, but it wasn't available that night.

This had to be prepared gluten free also.




Side item: Gluten free prepared mushrooms (very good)










Gluten free
Crumble cake & Gelato (made in house)
This was amazing!












No comments:

Post a Comment