Tuesday, April 5, 2022

March 2022 City Life VLOG: Officially 8 Years In The City & 11 years Blogging! Let's Spring Forward! | Collaborations, Hauls, Fitness, & Gluten Free Home Cooked Meals

                                 

The month of March was a blink in my eye as we celebrated my birthday all month long! I was so ready to go out again after the Winter lag and once we went out we stayed out. Time flies by even in those times where we have isolated for a few weeks or even months at home. Not only am I about 2.5 weeks away from the 2 year anniversary of us buying our home in South Tampa, but it is now 8 years since I first followed my intuition to move out here.




I rarely remember my anniversary for when I became a Content Creator because it is in February which is one of my busiest months, but it is now 11 years that I have been Blogging and YouTubing etc. I do a lot so I just prefer to be called a Lifestyle Content Creator or even Luxury Lifestyle Content Creator. I did not imagine an of this life for myself when I was in college. I started my blog and YouTube as a Summer hobby and was having fun sharing things online so I never stopped.

I wasn't sure there would even be a market for this after the Pandemic started and we all just hit the ground running and changed the way our content was being presented and it has been an amazing experience. I still just don't like creating content at home which is funny, I used to share my home so much on my blog in the beginning. I am a lot older now, obviously 11 years older and the older me likes to keep some things for myself. 




New ground orchids that finally bloomed in my back yard; this was so exciting! My yard is always giving me little surprises like this. Things pop up and start growing and sometimes I have to wait a while until I can identify them. These mystery plants were just bulbs in my back yard since about late September early October. I had no idea what the heck they were, but I suspected they were Amaryllis because of the bulb. 


I never expected orchids though, I always have heard of ground and tree orchids growing in the wild in Forrests. I never imagined they would pop up like this, anyhow, I guess these are common in South Florida and they get spread around via mulch. We did get our back yard re-mulched in January so I guess they may have been spread that way.




FITNESS:

DATE NIGHTS AND BRUNCHES:


Restaurant BT
One of many Birthday dinners


Yelp Elite Event at Bolay Kitchen
You can find the original post here





                                     BRAND COLLABORATIONS/ AMBASSADORSHIPS


C/O ETTIKA





I have partnered with this company in the past and love their products!






BLISSY X FASHIONTOLIVE


Bliss uses 100% Mulberry silk for their products. They make a lot of products, not just pillow cases, but in this particular post they did send me the mulberry silk pillowcase. It has a lot of benefits that anyone would enjoy such as:

protecting your curls or just overall hair from breakage that you see from a traditional cotton pillow case.
- regulates temperaature
- lessens skin break outs
- helps with wrinkles
- hypoallergenic 











ROSES C/O ZARDIS FLOWERS TAMPA
LOCAL FLORIST









C/O NEUROGAN
FULL SPECTRUM CBD OIL
TINTURE, ROLLING STICK, AND GUMMIES WITH TURBINES








Undies C/O Bootaybag




Monthly Subscriptions/ Undies C/O Bootaybag

1 Pair of undies for $10/mo

2 Pair of undies for $16/mo

4 Pair of undies for $28/mo

You can choose your style preference

Always Thong (all thongs in your BootayBag)

Never Thong (never thongs in your BootayBag)

Mix It Up (both thong and cheeky style in your BootayBag)

You can gift someone a subscription for 3, 6 or 12 months







GLUTEN FREE MEALS COOKED BY MYSELF- RECIPES AVAILABLE BY REQUEST IF NOT POSTED.


STEAMED SNOW CRAB, ANDOULLE SAUSAGE, RED POTATOES, CORN AND BROCCOLI

This month I am still playing around with my new air fryer. The steamed seafood dish above is the only dish I was really disappointed in this month mainly because it is so hard too get snow crab legs now. Fresh Market had a sale on snow crab legs one weekend and it was like 1lb for 19.99 which to me seems to good because right now they are double that price. 

Well, I ordered two separate orders of snow crab and one was completely rancid! Luckily, I had two orders and the second was in great condition. But I was so over it by this time, the uncharge on crab legs and the fact that they never taste as good anymore is quite disappointing. 


AIR FRYER BALSAMIC  PORK CHOP WITH HOMEMADE MASHED POTATOES AND ZUCCHINI I CHIPS

So four things I know for sure now at about two months into having my air fryer is that its cooks pork chops, chicken breast, wings, and salmon to perfection. Now, these recipes don't touch me cooking in my Lodge Cast iron at all as the air fryer does not create the same depth of flavor, but it gets the job done really fast and really easy.






TRADER JOE'S JOLLOF RICE

The rice is really easy to cook and none stuck to the bottom of the pot.





JOLLOF RICE, ORANGE ROUGHY FILET AND GREEN LENTILS

The fish was cooked in the air fryer and it was simple and easy. The lentils actually took the most work to be honest and this was my first time cooking the TJ's Jolly rice even though I bought it last October. It lacked a lot of flavor and seasoning in my opinion. I wanted to make it per the directions first before I decided to experiment with the second bag I purchased.




No comments:

Post a Comment