Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Bolay Kitchen - St. Pete Yelp Elite Event (Hosted)


 The name Bolay combines the restaurant’s signature dish (the “bol”) with the interjection “Olé!” to evoke the excitement around the brand, good health, and great living. Chris Gannon and his father (and Bolay cofounder) Tim Gannon founded Outback Steakhouse in 1988 which is a Tampa (Florida) restaurant I think most people are familiar with. Bolay Kitchen has many locations all over South Florida, this location has been open for a few months now nand I have definitely wanted to go by and check it out. 

We have a lot of restaurants that offer bowls in Tampa so the question for me was would this one be different? One thing that was different that I like is that they will put your food in an actual bowl and it looks nicer in my opinion. I like that and I once read that if you replate your food to a plate or bowl that is preferred (or glass/ceramic) the overall meal tastes better because it looks pleasing to the eyes.

You can make your own Bol or pick from the Chef inspired bols which combine flavors and tastes together that the Chef thinks pair the best. This is great if you are indecisive like me or picky (also like me) or if you are just in a rush!


The Bolay Motto: They believe "great food does great things for the mind, body and spirit. The movement to a more sustainable, better-for- you lifestyle is here"


I did not get a chance to get photos for this outfit so I will post them later in another blog post!



Chef's Bol: Available in Regular or Large Bol: Jasmine Rice Ginger Broccoli Teriyaki Chicken Fresh Chopped Cilantro.

Everything is certified gluten free, even the cookies which is not pictured.


The Yelp Elite gift for this event was a cute reusable bento box that comes with a reusable knife and fork.



Even though my Bol is a small/regular you get a lot of meat as well as veggies.




Bolay's classic Build-Your-Own Bol Experience. Select your delicious base, your favorite oven-roasted veggies, and pack on a savory protein or two. Finish it off with a fresh add-on and sauce. My husband made his own Bol which consisted of roast pork) which was a legit roast pork that we have in Tampa), sweet potato noodles and Brussel sprouts.

This is the largest Bol.







No comments:

Post a Comment