Thursday, March 31, 2022

Yelp Elite Event at The Poke Company (Hosted)


This was a post that I was working on in late January. This was a Yelp Elite Event that I did right before I got super busy for my birthday and it was still cold outside so the outfit posts are not there as of yet (it was very cold this night).

 I love poke and I have had poke from so many places now I have lost count. I did not know there was a new poke spot in Downtown (Channel District). To be honest a lot of restaurants opened during that first year of the pandemic and I had them saved only to be put on the back burner until 2021. So, I was excited to visit the Poke Company and you can find their menu here.

      


There isn't a lot of info on allergens on their website, but it is clearly labeled at the restaurant on their menu on the monitor as you can see. Not only was I confident in ordering from here, but I was really happy and satisfied with my order. I did like the overall decor of the restaurant also and it is located in an area I am really familiar with considering I almost bought a condo right across from here. I was pretty in love with this area and all it's prospects 9-10 years ago. 

It is crazy that I have been here in the city for that long and as a side note, I really like that they finally utilized that whole plaza space in between the restaurants and the condo, it makes you want to stay a little while longer here and enjoy the vibe.

     

     

     

     

    \
       

These bamboo chopsticks were the Yelp Elite gift for this event. They were much appreciated!

     

I opted for the salmon bowl with white rice, green onions, jalapeños, sesame seeds, cucumber, spicy mayo etc. I like to keep my bowls simple especially because not everything is gluten free. In particular, the salmon here is pre-marinated and it is marinated in soy sauce. They did however have Tamari (gluten free soy sauce) on hand. From whaat I was told the hijiki seaweed also was not GF.

 On this day, they had salmon that was being prepped and it had not been marinated yet so I was able to have the salmon. I thought that it was great actually, served cold, it was firm and had a nice texture. 

      


      

                                    

                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment