Monday, March 21, 2022

Visit Lake Nona Birthday Look Book: Own Your Moment: Black Sequin Dress + Gold Pumps

                             


So, you guys have seen how my birthday celebration is going, but have you seen how it started? This was a fun trip for hubs and I as I took him to probably the coolest hotel we have ever stayed at. This is the day of my birthday. I used to like to do these big dinners with all my friends every year when I was younger because when I was little I wanted a birthday party and never got one. So, having this big dinner with my friends to celebrate me was my way of doing that once I turned about 20 I believe and I did that for a few years. 

Well, like life goes as you get older your friend circle gets smaller and smaller. You grow out of friendships, grow up, change, or people just plain old just start showing you their true colors. I very much tried to do a few birthday dinners with my intermediate family, but you know I was born a minute before my mom's birthday, so she started telling people it was her birthday too on my birthday and I wasn't a fan of that.

Now, as I get older I actually just really enjoy spending my birthday with my husband. He gives me whatever I want and we have so much fun doing whatever we decide to do for that week even if I want to have that moment just for us- which is what we do every year. Somewhere along the way some of my family members started getting salty about that, but it is like- it is my day, I can celebrate it how I want which is what they do also.

This year I am celebrating for 2 months because I was really sick last year on my birthday. Only a few people know what all I went through last year and why I am celebrating the way I am this year- I don't owe much more of an explanation to anyone in my opinion. I know how it sounds when I say I am celebrating my birthday for 2 months and it is what it is. When I say celebrating 2 months or even the standard 1 for me (lol) It is really a vibe and a way of life for me, does it mean I am getting gifts every day NO, does it mean I am partying everyday NO, but it does mean I am doing a lot of self reflection on my life, my health, my happiness as well as doing fun things and getting out more after a really crappy Winter and cooking a few less times a week. And I get aa lot of extra attention from hubs (my favorite).

As we sit here on this day February 27th, 2022 taking birthday photos I am owning my moment. MY MOMENT and no one elses. I hope you all stick around for more vacation posts! 

Happy Monday

XOXO


I am going to discuss this hotel more in detail in upcoming posts, but yes, this is the view from our balcony.















Own Your Moment Black Sequin Dress: Red Dress Boutique

Necklace: C/O Ettika

Earrings: C/O Ettika

Bracelets: C/O Ettika

Gold pumps: Jimmy Choo

Lipstick: MAC Tarnished Reputation




Cocktail: Thomas Edison's bright idea

Bacán 
Lake Nona Wave Hotel
Details on food at the end



The restaurant is very nice with a huge open kitchen and they also have a nice outdoor area overlooking the sculpture garden. My only complaint is that it was cool that night and heat lamps would have been nice. The menu is different and eclectic. I am a huge foodie and this place was not like any place I've visited (food wise), but the vibe of the hotel and open bar reminded me a lot of the types of places we have in Tampa like Elevage Epicurean Hotel.

 I liked the charred octopus and would highly recommend it on visiting, it's gluten free. My husband was impressed with the lobster blue corn tacos as a starter. We would definitely return. The menu isn't large, but they worked with me to find what was safe to eat.

 The hotel is absolutely gorgeous by the way, Lake Nona is going to be very very nice when everything is finished.











Charred pulpo
Octipus, Argentinian chimichurri,  smoked feta, aji Amarillo, black olive dust.
Gluten free

Blue corn lobster tacos
Passionfruit, pickled tomato, burrata, herbs crema, toasted pepita. 

Ceviche style Hamachi 
Charred blood orange, chilli, leche de tigre,  rice chips.
Gluten free

Duck breast
Green Tomatillo salsa, preserved rainbow Swiss chard, pumpkin, foie gras, tapioca chips.
Gluten free


No comments:

Post a Comment