Sunday, November 7, 2021

HAPPY FALL EQUINOX! VLOG: CITY LIFE OCTOBER 2021 Yoga/Fitness Update, Hauls, Gluten Free Home Cooked/Meals!

                          

Happy Fall Equinox and happy Sunday! It has been Fall for almost two months now, but once the time changes it really starts to feel like Autumn and like the holidays. As usual, in my City Life post I will share photos that never made it to the blogs I posted during the month. I have my things to do in the city re-cap as well as fitness, hauls, house and home. It varies by month depending on what I did.

                         



Like the Summer months, October is one of my busiest months with events. I went to a lot of events and had to turn more than ten down because I was just getting overbooked. The highlight of the month was seeing Nas in concert (original post here) at the Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park; that was a magical night! This months second highlight was going to the the Sunset Market at Midtown and all of those photos will be seen here for the first time. The third highlight was attending the Fall festival, these were all things at this time last year were not a possibility for me and I am so grateful for that.


Original post here for this look.







                         

Original post here

                       

                        

                           

                          

FITNESS UPDATES:


Why hello! I have not done a fitness post in a few months. My husband was surprised that I actually have not taken any yoga photos since January 2021. I have been through a lot, obviously a weightless has happened. To date I have met my goal. I am only 5'3 and I had been encouraged to loose some weight as I was 140 this time last year. I have been a practicing yogi for I believe 7 years now (maybe 6). I have done pilates almost 20 years. I always did cardio and that for me really matters. 

Anyhow, It is November and at the end of October 11 months to the date I reached not only my goal, but I passed it coming in at a lower weight of 116.9 pounds and almost 25 pounds lost in 10 months.


I did not document this weightless journey with workout photos as I had done in the past when I lost 70 pounds. We all have experienced a lot in the last two years and I for one was not thinking or in the position to document anything. If anything, the time was pretty dark for me, but I kept practicing yoga because I practice yoga for me, not for the gram.

Next, I have lost muscle strength  and some balance training over the last year of weight loss due to the fact that I got sick and had to scale down my workouts. The last time I was able to lift y kettlebells was January of this year. I am very disappointed, but things were happening that were not with in my control. I see this as a challenge and I don't give up so here I am. I will also review this yoga set this month.



Still strong



THINGS TO DO & EVENTS IN TAMPA


Pumpkin Patch benefitting the Tampa Humane Society
Hyde Park Village
Original post here
















Midtown Sunset Market


If you haven't been to the newly opened Midtown you should check it out! It's near me so I go there quite often and it is exciting to have a new place to go to eat, play, relax, stay etc. Almost every month a new restaurant or store is opening and they pretty much have something for everyone. Since its new and we are still in a pandemic there aren't large crowds and parking is pretty easy. All over the Tampa Bay Area there are markets. A lot of the markets occur in the morning to early afternoon which for me means I miss them because I prefer to sleep in.


Midtown has their market two times one is a Surise Market for that morning to early afternoon crowd and then they have the Sunset Market for people who are like me. I love going to these markets because I like to shop local.


















YELP ELITE MOSEY ON MIDTOWN EVENT
ORIGINAL POST HERE


















HOME PROJECTS:


So as usual stopped by Yura Vine Brothers for plants and accessories!















HAULS & PARTNERSHIPS:


FALL BOX FROM BATH & BODY WORKS


C/O ETTIKA


NEW FROM ALO YOGA: SEAMLESS ICON CHEEKIES 



DATE NIGHTS & BRUNCH DATES:





CHEF'S MUSE: COUNTER CULTURE


BRUNCH
OXFORD EXCHANGE






WEEKDAY BRUNCH
OXFORD EXCHANGE








GLUTEN FREE MEALS COOKED BY MYSELF- RECIPES AVAILABLE BY REQUEST IF NOT POSTED.


Shrimp Viccyssoisse 
(I don't give out this recipe)






Grilled steaks with wild rice and seasonal vegetables 





NATIONAL TACO DAY WITH BUTCHERBOX
SPONSORED







No comments:

Post a Comment