Friday, November 26, 2021

Thankfulness Aircation 2021 Look Book: The Sarasota Modern Tribute Resort: Black Floral Print Maxi Dress + Coach Heels (Thanksgiving OOTD)

 


Happy Thanksgiving my loves!!! This year we decided to skip cooking because it is just us again like last year. It has been a while since our last micro vacation so I decided to go on ahead and plan something because we were already supposed to be in town. I am wearing the Thanksgiving dress I purchased last year, but I never put it on because to be honest last Thanksgiving was not the best. Luckily, this beautiful Fall dress is back in stock this year so you will find the link below. I did make a short video for this look which will be up soon. We got into town pretty late in the day and with the time change and all of that we were all out of sorts. So where did we eat Thanksgiving dinner? You will be able to get those details below.

XOXO















Budding Romance Black Floral Print Maxi Dress: Red Dress Boutique

Hat: Red Dress Boutique

Genuine shearling buckle sandal: Coach

All rose gold jewelry: Kendra Scott

Bag: Louis Vuitton Alma PM in Ebone

Lipstick: (New Fall Collection Tempting Fate) Tarnished Reputation



Columbia Restaurant 
St. Armand's Circle
Sarasota


The Columbia Restaurant has been a staple in Tampa for over 100 years and you can find many of their restaurants that they later opened in Central Florida and North Florida. I actually dined at this location years ago when I first went gluten free so that is probably 9 years ago now. I did not have a great experience, but a lot has changed since then with the massive amount of gluten free products and labeling available that wasn't back then. 

I have eaten dinner and lunch numerous times at the Tampa (Ybor) location and have never had any issues. They were offering a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, however that does contain items with gluten ie; gravy, dressing and the likes. 

I honestly would have been fine with just the 1905 salad because it is my absolute favorite.


The famous 1905 salad


Arroz con pollo


Puerco asida with mudoros, black beans, and rice
(I have had this before at the tampa location and I think it was served without the gravy GF, however, at this location I can't remember if this was on the GF menu).


Ropa Vieja w/ maduros, white rice and peas


It occurred to me while at the restaurant that I don't think the Ropa Vieja was ever labeled gluten free in the past and now it is and I have never had it from Columbia Restaurant. I love Ropa Vieja and so, I couldn't pass it up, but I also wanted the chicken; As a result I ordered two entrees. This hands down was the best Ropa Vieja I have had in the last few months- if not ever.

 I get it all the time from Spain Restaurant, but the beef is so tough I can barely chew it. The Ropa Vieja at the Columbia Restaurant has the same flavor profile- not sweet, just the right amount of acid from the tomatoes; The beef was so tender!!!!! 

Yes, please check it out if you are near one of their locations. 





This post was featured on Links à la Mode fashion roundup by Independent Fashion Bloggers.

More fashion articles:

You can also get featured! All you have to do is to submit your blog posts here

No comments:

Post a Comment