Monday, October 4, 2021

Gasparilla Music Festival Featuring Nas: Yellow Tank Top + Boyfriend Jeans (Hosted)

                         


This weekend was nothing short of amazing! At anytime in the last 18 months I would have never imagined going to a concert during the pandemic or that I would be hosted to it to see the one and only Nas. A little back story here, both my husband and I love Nas' music and always have. As I have stated we met at a very young age as in 15 & 16 and he drove a classic car and it only took tape cassettes and Nas' Illmatic was the only thing we ever listened to when we rode in his car on our date nights to Red Lobster and Olive Garden (lol). This was nostalgic AF for us. I was unsure if Yelp would send me to cover this event and I got the the email like 2 weeks before and it was a very great feeling because I felt like I had a really great surprise for him. If you are wondering what my favorite song is by Nas there are a lot, but "Hate Me Now" is my favorite for many reasons (If you listen to it and you know some of the things I have gone through you will understand).


With An Open Heart Yellow Tank Top: Red Dress Boutique

Boyfriend jeans: not recent similar here

Fedora: not recent, similar here

Louis Vuitton: Speedy 25

Rothy's

Jewelry: C/O Ettika

Mask: Lilly Pulitzer

                                

So, this convert had many sponsors and Pfizer was one of them. The concert was at a Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park which is an open air event space downtown. It was required to show proof of vaccination to enter the premises, but I still wore my mask and we stayed at a pretty safe distance from the crowd. There weren't that many people maybe 600 to 1000 by my guess. A lot of people were pretty upset that you had to be vaccinated to enter so it is what it is.




So, Nas brought great energy, like spiritual, honest, positive energy. He interacted with the crowd a lot and started from his early music to his new music at the end of the 90 minute performance. I have been to a lot of concerts (most of them being rap concerts) and I was really happy with the professionalism and fact that his set started on time! Did I mention the weather was so perfect, its been about 75 degrees every night since the first day of Fall, low humidity, and there was a steady breeze all night. This definitely goes down in one of the best events that I have covered and I love what I do. 



















We rarely eat at festivals because I rarely can trust that food is gluten free so we ate at a restaurant that we love and have been to many times beforehand. Spain Restaurant and Toma has a large menu and a lot of it is gluten free. Now let me say this, their restaurant is small and it was full almost to capacity (only 2 tables inside were available). The good thing is they had outdoors seating (3 tables) and of course that is where we sat. I got some pretty great shots for sitting outside in the dark. 

The Ropa Vieja is my favorite and it was so good tonight. I don't know if it's because it has been over a year since we have been there, but it was so good and very fresh. It was too bad I couldn't bring mine with me because it was a lot of food and a lot of meat that I couldn't finish, but if I had to choose between eating eat the festival or eating there I would do the same thing again. 





No comments:

Post a Comment