Monday, October 18, 2021

September 2021 City Life VLOG: Summer Was Like a Road Trip!...Fitness Updates + Gluten Free Home Cooked Meals and Recipes + Hauls

                           

At the start of Summer we hit the ground running and just wanted get out safely and have some fun together. My holiday weekend restaurant tour was so fun for us I decided to do one for Summer. Finding all the places we wanted to go, planning them, planning the outfits and how I want the content to look all takes a lot of time, much like a roadtrip. Little did I know I would find myself actually on a little road trip for work. Below is a full recap of September and these photos have not been published on Fashiontolive.com until now. 


                     

                       

                            

                       

                       


HAULS AND COLLABS:


Its literally been a hot minute since I bought anything from Adore Me because I have been loosing weight. This is the first two sets I have purchased in a long time and in the size I always buy. Now, almost 25 pounds lighter my breasts are no longer as gigantic as they were and all of my sets fit perfectly. This set fits true to size and it is a neon green color with delicate lace which I love. Not all lace is comfortable and this set is.






C/O Ettika

Ettika has been doing some cool things with shells, pearls, coins, and beads this whole year. Now, they are playing around with turquoise which I love! 


SEPTEMBER MEDIA EVENTS:


This was an event I did at the Oyster Bar (post here). These essentially are photos I took and did not use in the original blog post. The whole goal was to try out some of the new menu items.




I opted to sit outside in the sunshine, I am used to it now after doing it all Summer long! I kind of really like it and I thought I would never say I liked sitting outside by choice during the Summer months!!!











The Florida Cane Distillery is such a cool place and I would not know about it if I were not invited too this media event!! You can read the original post here.






Hello hello? 

This must be stated because I am so tired of people acting a bit off with me: This man right here is my husband and he supports my blogging and being a content creator 100%. He is not some paid photographer that follows me to events. That's my camera. I am the photographer, the muse, pretty much the driver. He loves me so much that he works and will still come to events to help me get more engaging content to help me succeed! I would not be nearly as good as I am today if it weren't for him. He is my husband and my best friend and my #1 supporter.



I was three for three here.

This event was at Whiskey Joe's at Rocky Pointe
This was my first time here and it stays busy! 
The original post is here.




DATE NIGHTS:



Oak & Ola






Restaurant BT





Chicken salad chick S. Tampa

This is the first "Ladies Who Lunch" post of 2021





Jotoro Channelside/ Channel District








Rusty Pelican
Rocky Pointe




Ceviche Tapas
St. Pete




GLUTEN FREE MEALS COOKED BY MYSELF- RECIPES AVAILABLE BY REQUEST IF NOT POSTED.


Top meal and bottom are the same and about the same serving, but I have been working on the bottom plating technique for a little bit. It looks a lot prettier.






¼

SEAFOOD A LA AIRIE
-SPAGHETTI WITH SHRIMP & BABY CLAMS

cup extra-virgin olive oil

1

medium onion, finely chopped

4

garlic cloves, sliced

¾

teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

3

tablespoons tomato paste

1

cup dry white wine

1

28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes

Kosher salt

1

pound spaghetti

2

pounds mussels, scrubbed, debearded

2

pounds large shrimp, peeled, deveined

3

tablespoons unsalted butter

3

tablespoons finely chopped parsley

1

tablespoon fresh lemon juice

Lemon wedges (for serving)





Baked Turkey tenderloin




Black eyed pea w/ baked turkey tenderloin and kale greens


  • Seasonings: 
  • Poultry seasoning
  • Garlic powder
  • optional seasonings (my favorites) Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute or Badia Complete Seasoning
  • Pink Himalayan salt
  • black pepper.
  • Butter 3 tbsp
  • sliced onion
  • 1 cup of chicken broth


Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F 

Season the turkey 
 place the tenderloin inside a glass baking dish (Pyrex) along with opinions and chicken broth.

Bake for 50-60 minutes covered with foil, until the turkey reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).

Remove from the oven and let the turkey rest for at least 15 minutes.

Slice and serve over your favorite rice with meat juices.





Jamaican styled Curried chicken & Rice




Our version (made by hubby) chicken katsu (gluten free)
-bok choy
-sticky rice





Baked bone in pork chops with haricorts verts & sautéed onions
-There is a Tiktok video of me making this by the way.









No comments:

Post a Comment