Thursday, July 22, 2021

Summer restaurant Tour 2021: A Visit To Flor Fina: Sexy LBD


We have been wanting to try out Flor Fina for a few months now. If I remember correctly they opened only this year. Well, you all know after being in quarantine for a year once I got my shot I made my list and have been making my rounds trying all the new restaurants that opened in the last year and a bunch of places I am just finding out about in Downtown St. Pete. 

We don't really come down to eat in Ybor City too often because where we eat is dictated by who has and can accommodate gluten allergies/ Celiacs. Ybor is like torture for me because its literally home of the Cuban sandwich and Deviled crabs, both of which I cant have.




I am also just very into hotels (you should check out some of those reviews) so I honestly would have visited Hotel Haya just to see the hotel. Ybor  City is a historic district so only so much can be changed to keep that status.

Anyhow, I really liked the hotel and I felt like I was in Old San Juan again. The restaurant, Flor Fina is pretty cool. It is a basic kind of restaurant up in the lobby kind of like Six at JW Waterstreet is, but on the sixth floor. It had charm and appeal though thanks to the building, the glass aviary which overlooks the pool was a great touch and omage to the Ybor roosters also.



So, foodwise we loved it. I was skeptical I could eat much here because the menu is small already. I love ceviche and they have like 4 different kinds so I was excited about that and that alone was enough to get me in a seat to eat. Their ceviche is probably the best I have ever had- and I have had a lot of ceviche because its always gluten free. 

You will find foodie photos below!















 Dazzling Nights Black Midi Dress: Red Dress Boutique

Heels: Not recent, Jimmy Choo Abel

Clutch: Louis Vuitton

Lipstick: MAC Ruby Woo





The Painkiller: Havana Club Blanco, Appleton Estate Signature Blend, coconut, pineapple, orange, lime.




SALMON LECHE DE TIGRE

AGUA CHILI



CHEF'S SAUSAGE TRIO/ not gluten free





GROUPER A LO MACHO/ gluten free



 

No comments:

Post a Comment