Friday, July 9, 2021

Summer restaurant Tour 2021: A Visit to Sal Y Mar (Midtown- A Must Try): Tropical Knot Crop Top & Split Skirt Set


Hi loves! Today, I am finally sharing this post on my re-visit to Sal Y Mar at Midtown. As some of you can remember, I  went there for my birthday earlier in the year when they first opened, but we got there and the kitchen was closed. Well let me tell you, I read the reviews for this place and they need to get their flowers for the five star service I received from the Chef & Ms. Char'Nae (our waitress). I am so glad I returned because I found the reviews to be a bit off putting- people saying the food was over priced and drinks were not good etc. Everything we had was better than good, it was great.



This restaurant has a Talum, Mexico theme and I was encouraged to take photos inside and outside to show the restaurant and it's aesthetic. It wasn't busy and it hasn't been the other times I have been here by the way. On a clear day you can get a good view of downtown. I say this that way because I live out here in South Tampa (with a "view") and on a day where it is humid and I guess hazy that view could be completely different. This restaurant is located in the Aloft Hotel at Midtown and it does not give hotel restaurant vibes; you can come here and relax and have a good date night.


















Tropical Knot Crop Top & Split Skirt Set: Shein

Sandals: Jimmy Choo Maelie, in black

Earrings C/O Ettika

Fresh water pearl Lariat C/O Ettika

C/O Ettika

Headband: Lulus

Lipstick: MAC Lickable


Sal Y May
Midtown
Tampa


The preparation on all of my food was completely impressive; From our waitress to the Chef they both checked everything to make sure it was safe for someone with Celiac Disease. There was a lot of detail put into the plating and flavors and everything tasted so fresh. If you go here get the Grouper- it was stupid good. I eat Grouper all the time being from Tampa and this was the best pan seared (not fried) Grouper I have ever had! 



Mixed Greens, green apples, dried cranberries, candied walnuts, crumbled goat cheese, lemon ginger vinaigrette




Blue cheese, Nueske's bacon, blistered tomatoes, parmesan croutons, crunchy onions, roasted garlic herb cream dressing





Jalapeno corn fritter, Cajun spiced shrimp, guacamole, pico de gallo, cilantro lime crema

This one was adjusted to be gluten free for me and it was made with fried plantains (in a dedicated fryer).






Herb marinated flank steak tacos, spicy dressed slaw, pico de gallo, queso fresco






Quinoa, brown rice, lemon beurre blanc, dressed arugula

Gluten free






Bourbon vanilla bean cheesecake

Not gluten free



No comments:

Post a Comment