Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Independence Day Hurricane Wear + Grilled Yogurt Marinated Chicken Skewers Recipe


So, we had all these great plans for the independence day weekend and Monday and then hurricane Else came through. Subsequently, we ended up spending the day at home. It rained on and off and I was quite annoyed by that because I felt like we could have done something. I did cook and below you will find the recipe and info for the Grilled Yogurt Marinated Chicken Skewers. Be forewarned, it's a simple recipe, but it took over an hour to make and that was with my husband helping me prep.

So, I have a little look for you, since I have lost almost 20 pounds I have been revisiting some outfits that I have blogged in the past that were a little or a lot snug on me- or ones that never fit at all. I have this dress here- originally from Shein and it was in my donation box since I blogged wearing it. This is actually one of the nicer items I purchased from Shein in the past because not only is it surprisingly made well, it's 100% cotton.


I like the overall cut and style of the dress, its feminine, and a little vintage-gy in a way. I am glad that it fits so I will be keeping this one. If I had worn heels, I would have styled this with wedges again. You can find the original blog post here where I wore it first.











Twist Front Gingham Slip Dress: Shein, similar here and love this one here.

Earrings: Kendra Scott Sadie Spear in Gold

Fresh water pearl necklace: C/O Ettika

Earrings: C/O Ettika

Anklet: C/O Ettika

Necklace: C/O Ettika



Grilled Yogurt Marinated Chicken Skewers recipe here















No comments:

Post a Comment