Tuesday, July 6, 2021

June City Life 2021: Life Around Town...Fitness Updates + Gluten Free Home Cooked Meals & Recipes + Hauls


Well, we are getting into Summer and having a little fun all at the same time. I know I need to do a fitness update in here because look at me now! I will get some yoga photos to post in here soon. I still do yoga weekly, but I just don't feel like taking photos a lot of the time.

So, June was a fun month. We got around! And in case any of you missed it, I also put up two lookbooks here and here.





C/O Ettika


Ohora gel nail polish & lamp














Scent notes: Jasmine, Citron, Rosewater  Natural Coconut and Soy Wax Blend  Hand Poured in Small Batches in Los Angeles, CA



C/O Avon







Jimmy Choo

My taste in shoes has evolved since the days that I was a Just Fab ambassador. I have for a while seen shoes as an investment and have been buying designer heels and not buying fast fashion type heels. The only brand I make exception for is Zara because I love their heels and they make leather heels. Anyway, this month I was cleaning out my office and I have so many shoes that are not my style or interest anymore. To be honest the designer heels get more play now due to the fact that I find Jimmy Choo pumps super comfortable.


I wanted to invest in a Summer shoe. Every woman has a pair of wedges of espadrilles in their arsenal. I have about 6 pairs (all from Just Fab). Some too high, others too short, some just look cheap looking. I wanted a well made nuetral toned wedge that would replace every wedge or espadrille I own or would ever want and that is how I came to buy this wedge. I almost missed out on it to because I had it in my cart and waited then it sold out. 




DATE NIGHTS:




Cru Cellars
Westshore Marina District




















The Dewey beachside






Rome + Fig
North Hyde Park















Willa's
North Hyde Park






Six
JW Marriott Waterstreet
Downtown Tampa



Edison Food Lab
South Tampa






GLUTEN FREE MEALS COOKED BY MYSELF- RECIPES AVAILABLE BY REQUEST IF NOT POSTED.


GRILLED CITRUS CHICKEN BOWLS WITH PARMESAN BROCCOLI





















2

Grilled Citrus chicken thighs

tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus more for brushing

1

cup fresh orange juice

1

/2 cup fresh lemon juice

4

garlic cloves, minced

2

teaspoons minced fresh rosemary

2

teaspoons kosher salt plus more for seasoning

4

skin-on, bone-in chicken breasts (2 1/2–3 pounds)

Whisk 2 Tbsp. oil and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in 2 tsp. salt. Add chicken breasts; turn chicken to coat, cover, and chill

Grilled Broccoli
parmesan cheese, Sumac, pink salt, and fresh lemon juice once it is fresh off the grill.
Create grilling asket



A SATISFYING JUNETEENTH MEAL

One of 2 meals I made this week which are a part of my culture Gullah-Geechee on my dads side of the family; the other was okra stew which I didn't get a photo of. I always cooked these meals and have eaten them as I was growing up, however the recipes were lost and not passed down. I have done a lot of research over the years since my DNA testing and I am so proud that I as a foodie still love cooking the food of my people. Furthermore, I now have rice, grits, and popcorn that was grown by my ancestors and still grown today.
This is marinated pork, okra fries, and Carolina gold rice. I have a grilled onion and garlic bulb. Really simple and really beautiful. Everything grilled.








CRAB STUFFED MUSHROOMS


  • Preheat the oven to 400°F.
  • Lightly oil a small baking dish.
  • Gently wash and stem mushrooms; pat dry (Save stems for another recipe).
  • Combine crab meat, onions, garlic salt, minced garlic, butter and oregano in a bowl and mix well.
  • Add Italian bread crumbs, egg, clam juice mixing well.
  • Add Parmesan, Romano cheeses to the crab stuffing and mix well.
  • Place approximately 1 1/2 teaspoons of the crab stuffing mixture inside mushroom cavity and slightly mound (You should be able to stuff between 8- 12 mushrooms depending on the size of mushrooms).
  • Place the stuffed mushrooms in slightly oiled baking dish and pour 1/4 cup melted butter over the top of the mushrooms.
  • Cover and place in oven for about 35- 40 minutes.
  • Remove cover; sprinkle the 1/4 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese on top and pop back in oven just so the cheese melts slightly.
  • Garnish with freshly diced parsley.
  • Serve hot.
Ingredients:

-1 egg beaten

-salt to taste

-1 tsp pepper

-1 tbsp garlic powder

-1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs

-1 tbsp oregano

-1 tbsp parsley

-1/4 cup melted and cooled butter

-1/2 cup Parmigiana Reggiano 

-1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese


Italian Bread Crumbs

place old bread in the freezer for 15 minutes and let it cold to frozen.

Then place in blender with 
salt
parsley
black pepper
oregano
garlic powder
onion powder
basil

Blend all the ingredients until they are fully mixed and bread has no clumps





No comments:

Post a Comment