Tuesday, August 13, 2024

MI CORAZÓN: THE GREAT ESCAPE: Anniversary Aircation Panamá Country #27 | FASHIONTOLIVE X FLYING TOMATO: FLORAL DRESS + Louis Vuitton


                                   

I promise you guys everything will make sense and come full circle when I post it all.

 Now, I know I started out in Winter Park, FL and I will have to come back around to that part of my anniversary posts. This actually just needs to happen now due to a collaborationthat I have. 

If I could keep this exact moment in my heart alone for the next year like I did with Bermuda then I would. I have so much to say and so much to post, but nothing is in a state that is ready because my own emotions are so high. 

This whole Summer, it has been wild.

It's "Who's gonna match my freak" but for eternity, but we were always like this.

I, (according to my husband) I am now "WIFE OF THE YEAR". I surprised him with not one, but two trips to Panamá. So, there is a lot to say here, but this actually means a lot to him because he wants us to move here and retire here. I know you guys are going to say retire? I feel the same way, my husband is determined to retire before or by 40. So, not to go to much into that...you know I knew he wanted to go here so I made it happen.

So, for now, join us on this journey (because it might be a long one) of our Summer, but it's also just our 18th anniversary and you know everyone keeps telling us "Wow, you don't see that kind of love anymore". Well after 18 years it's crazy that we feel love like this now and like, we ate just like "now what else can we do".


I literally give him my all and I knew he wanted to be here and go here and I wanted to go to my dream location (not disclosed), but I was like, I want him to see this like, the real Panamá.  The first trip I booked it would be a teaser, so I was like I gotta get all in. 



This Summer all I been screaming is "We outside!".

That is a reference to something I am not getting into, but as a Floridan, a Black American Floridan, that statement means so much because people stay treating us like we never ledt the state or the country. While I have traveled a lot, I have been looked down on so much by people Black and White because I don't like flying.

 Well, I told you weirdos (comment reserved for the ones who put me down) I don't like flying, but I will get my behind on an airplane as I have many many times in the past. One thing I never talk about is that my entire immediate family lived in Europe for years, I was the only one who was not raised there, but my family not only raised me like I lived there a lot of the time because it was the life they lived, but they tried really hard to send me on any trips they could in the U.S. with family they trusted because they wanted me to see the world.

 I have had my passport for over 20 years and I use it. I will tell my family I'm gonna go for a walk and I will be in another country a day later because that is where I am in my life the last 7 years (this is kinda literal).

 They can take it personal, but it took something that was done to make me do what I do.


Depsite the fact that I have flown a lot I had a lot to overcome due to my having high anxiety and panic attacks, I got it done and I'm happy for myself. 

I told you guys something about me changed this year on my birthday and it's the truth. And I'm leaning so hard into my new age it's just magnificent. I let everyone drive me F ing crazy for the last 2 decades and I worried about everyone and everything while my health deteriorated. 

I'm not doing that anymore. I haven't been doing that for years, but it seems like it's just now being noticed.  But now I am just unapologetic about it because I am always freaking sick because of stress and I have eliminated almost all stress in my life because I am who I am, I am a JOMO master and so is my husband.




So, it's country 27 and I bet you're wondering where was 25 & 26. 

You will see. This year the only thing that could happen was this, a Lifequake .


So, I collaborated with Flying Tomato again this year to show some looks and I chose this linen dress. I always try to choose clothes made with natural fabrics that have breathability in humid and hot weather. It's a beautiful print.

I knew the moment I saw it, I'm wearing this in Panamá. 



While this year I never cried as much as I did in such a short amount of time, you won't see a smile like this in a lot of my regular posts because I'm so happy when I am in my own element. I'm happy and I'm in love and traveling, but mostly, I am not surrounded by the negative things that I experience when I encounter certain people. So, for a little while, "We outside!" for as long as I can have this feeling... which was exactly 4 days before drama ensued, but what they can't do is take my memories. 

and P.S. I freaking loved Panamá. 

















FUCHSIA YELLOW DRESS: C/O FLYING TOMATO this is a linen dress and totally breathable fabric and it was comfortable!

Heels: Louis Vuitton

Bracelets: Louis Vuitton

Bangle: Louis Vuitton

Bag: Vintage, Louis Vuitton

Necklace: Tiffany & Co.

Anklets:  C/O Ettika

Lipstick: MAC

 


JW MARRIOTT PANAMÁ CITY


MASÍ

Our room comes with Club level acess which includes free snacks, non alcoholic drinks and breakfast, however, because I have Celiac Disease it is not recommended to eat from the buffet.

So, my husband ate at the buffet and then we went across the way so I could eat at Masí. Masí also has a breakfast buffet so it was hard to explain to them that I couldn't eat at that or in the club level because rhey didn't understand why (because it was basically free).

I did really love both the views and courtyards at the Club Level lounge and Masí.




These photos were not actually taken at Masí, but in the Club Level Lounge of the hotel (it is literally across from Masí).



These photos were outside in the dining area at Masí. They also grow their own herbs here so that wa great to see and it was just nice out here in general.



So, these items came from the buffet which like I said is not recommended for me, but our waiter didn't know that (language barriers). He chose what he thought I would like that was gluten-free. I felt bad because I didn't want it (I really dislike avacado and meat in general, but my husband at it and he felt it was pretty good although he too avoided the avocado bread).







This is what I ordered and I took the veggies from the other plate. I didn't really know how to feel about this omlette,  it was kind of strange... My husband thinks they may have given me Vegan eggs because they were avoiding gluten.

 I know, regular eggs are gluten-free, but you would be surprised how often this happens when I order food on vacation and people just don't know what gluten-free means. 

As a result they give me the bare minimum to be safe and a lot of times I end up with Impossible Meat and Vegan cheese and Vegan eggs. I actually think this cheese may have also been Vegan, but I remember saying to him...but why did they give me real ham??? I was so confused. 


So, this is Day 2 and day 1 was basically all travel and one struggle dinner. I am ready to go out and see some stuff. No matter what is going on I try to always have breakfast even if it's just a banana or Greek yogurt. Eggs are preferred because I get most of my protien from eggs, seafood, beans, legumes, and Greek yogurt and low fat cheese. 

Most places can make an egg with some meat no matter where you are and it's good enough. I have been at some hotels and cruises where yea, they couldn't even do this, but I digress. 



No comments:

Post a Comment