Saturday, August 10, 2024

Food Tour - Chic Eats Winter Park & More 2024 | Stop # 1 NATSU OMAKASE (Anniversary Dinner) + DVF Cami + Jimmy Choo




For a while now I have been searching for the word to describe my life the last year and finally one day I did.

Lifequake

 Noun /larf:kwerk/ 

A significant, sudden and unexpected shift in the trajectory of your life that initially feels devastating but has the beneficial outcome of catalyzing personal growth, transformation and rebirth.


Every Summer I am tasked with getting through the Summer, but also remembering to live my life and enjoy my life to the fullest  because I am not a fan of Summer.

What is funny is that because I so this, I end up having the most epic and memorable Summers. 

Although neither my husband and I are in love with the fact that we had a Summer wedding because it is notoriously hot and raining every single day, I get to plan some pretty great things for us and we create these memories that are really what matter the most. 


I think we both are in awe of the fact that 18 years has gone by so fast. I think it started going a bit quicker after we both finally graduated from University. 

So, this year, I have been pretty absent and I am going to explain that in my City Life updates when I get the words, I did make a pretty good video though that is kind of self explanatory. 

But I am about to share my world. A world I work so hard to keep people who wish me I'll intent on permeating. Crabs in a barrel will spread like wild fire if you let it and although I live some of my life in public, it's less than 1% of my life what you all see. I share what I want to share when I choose to share it. 

Last year, I didn't share any anniversary posts until 6 months afterwards because I wasn't ready. To be honest I am nit 100% ready now, but I'm leading with my heart more now than before because something about me changed when I had my birthday this year.


It's a new chapter and this year I had one thing on my mind which was F.E.A.R. and what I am going to do with it.

So, I invite you to join not only me, but my husband as well on this Summer journey, this actual 2024 journey. I have spent a few months pivoting my content for this moment and it is here.


We are going to start here in Winter Park. A place that I had to love once I was an adult. 19 year old me could never bother to be bothered to come to Winter Park and honestly, there is more for me (us) here now as young Millenials. I only have time to start this first post,  but I am going to circle back around to Winter Park a few times and you will get more details about this location.


For tonight, I had a different anniversary dress planned, but I think it was too formal so I decided to go with this colorful cami from the Diane Von Furstenberg X Target line; I think I made the right choice. 
















DVF Cami

Pumps: Jimmy Choo, Abel Vintage



I could eat anywhere in the world, but I wanted to be here.

I had some time to think about where I wanted to spend our anniversary dinner and I actually just really wanted to come back to Orlando. I have done about 3 good tours in Orlando now, but honestly, I always come here for the food amongst other reasons. Orlando is my second home and my family has always been up here as well.

The food scene is better now. If I had to say so the food scene is better than it's ever been in Florida now. We had way to many chain restaurants and they reigned supreme when I was a child and teen. Orlando was cool though because they had a lot of unique family owned spots and that is where I really started food blogging 15 years ago. Before I knew I had Celiac Disease I used to hit every single ramen spot I could find until we found the best one.

So, you know right now everyone wants omakase. I did my first omakase in St.Petersburg, Florida and it was amazing. Years ago as a birthday surprise for my husband. I would tell people "Hey, there is this great place that does omakase in St.Pete, you really have to try it ". I would get these dumbfounded looks because no one even knew what that was out here. Fast forward 10 years later everyone wants it no matter the price. 

Well, I care about the price and I care about the quality, the experience, and my dietary restrictions being accommodated and in Orlando by far they are the best at doing that; Better than in Tampa, and I can say this honestly, because I know from experience. There is no shade though, like I said, I am a native so I love both cities and I have been eating lots of food in both cities since I was born.


So, Natsu is a newly opened restaurant in Orlando. It is kind of on the edge of downtown and Winter Park.

This restaurant earned their first Michelin star this year.

Before I go any further, our experience was 5/5 and 100% worth the money and I would return as well as highly recommend. 


If you have Tiktok or Instagram you can find my omakase videos as well. I will be posting 1 long version which is the full dinner and 1 short version which is the 20 courses only.

At the end of this post you will find the full menu listed as well.































PALLET  CLEANSER


TOMATO GRENACHE



THE MAIN OMAKASE EXPERIENCE



























































DESSERT






FINAL SAKE PAIRING




OTSUMAMI


Tai


Kampachi Truffle*


Toro Caviar*


Ayu*


Gindara*


SUSHI


ISHI DAI |


Knifejaw*


SHIMA AJI |


Striped Jack*


SAWARA |


Spanish Mackerel*


MEICHI DAI |


Grey-Eyed Sea Bream*


HOTATE | Scallop*


IWASHI |


Japanese Sardine*


SAKE ZUKE |


Marinated King Salmon*


TORO Fatty Tuna*


UNI Sea Urchin*


AKAMUTSU | Blackthroat Seaperch*


NEGI TORO TEMAKI*


OWAN*


MATCHA PUDDING*

2 comments: