Friday, May 3, 2024

"Airie in the City" Ten Rooms Ybor Grand Opening: Bar Martinez | The Denim Edit: Denim Mini Dress + Louis Vuitton

 






















Dress: Red Dress Boutique, similar here



Ten Rooms Ybor
Bar Martinez

Below I have provided the menu.

I would advise you to make a reservation as well as utilize the parking in the parking garage across the street because it is the closest and the most economically priced. If you come down to Ybor on the night of an event you will have to pay $10.00 to $20.00 to park in most places. On Friday's I believe after 6pm the garage is a flat rate of $10.00 if I remember correctly. 







This week we welcomed the long awaited opening of Tampa's newest dining experience Ten Rooms Ybor which is located right beside Centro Ybor in the historic building...

Ten Rooms Ybor is a 2,000 Sq. ft building with mixed use offering an elevated dining experience at Bar Martinez. 
Bar Martinez is a separate restauraunt within the building as well as the cocktail bar called Genevieve the Cat which has 22 different batch cocktails as well as beer, wine, and light bites.
They also have an early morning eatery that also serves coffee and other food items.

Lastly, thry also have a retail store which has things like plants, candles, and other items for the home that would also make great gifts.






We had a great dinner Bar Martinez and I would highly recommend checking this spot out for date night. It's a totally different vibe than other spots in Tampa and if you are in the mood for some elevated cocktails and cuisine, you will have a good time.

*I am also biased as I am a Tampa Native who lived a grew up in Ybor as well as other areas of the Tampa community, but I will be honest as possible when I give my reviews especially when it comes to Ybor because I know it has a reputation as not being safe and as of late the reputationhas come up more, but this area is safe. I have family who live in this area and I went to school here also. And way way back when, there was nothing to DO in Tampa and this was the only place to go. I have spent my whole life in this area as well as other areas. So, I just want to point that out.






The entire space is beautifully designed all with maintainingthe historic integrity of the building; I loved how bright and open Bar Martinez is. The lounge areas are nice and plush, spacious, and inviting and our waitress was also very helpful helping me with my having dietary restrictions because I have Celiac Disease which means I can not have wheat, rye, or barley. Several people came out to our table actually to assist me in ordering. The menu is very small, but small doesn't always mean a bad thing, OK.

Food wise, there are about 5 items to choose from as entrées and some do contain gluten. I believe only 1 of them, the duck confit, they could not modify for me. I decided to have the shrimp with corn chowder which I believe was already free of gluten. The Snapper, eggplant dish, and Rib eye could be modified to be gluten free.

 I rather enjoyed the shrimp dish as it had a lot of aromatic  notes that you would find in Indian food. It has a lot of great flavors such as fresh basil, I think there may have been Anis in it as well as Saffron, and I love bok choy. To me, it just needed a little salt. It only seemed to have a dollop of corn chowder (it needed more) and the dish basically tasted to me like a nod to the Southern shrimp and grits given the consistency of the corn chowder, but with those Indian spices.









The steak dish was also very good, I didnt eat it so I cant really say much about it, but my husband liked the bits of Oxtail in it. We had the smoked fish, which was like a side dish or a starter dish, and that was wonderful.

 It was a lot of smoked fish for 21$, and it was enough for 4 people easily. The smoked fish roe on the top was a nice touch, and it had a lot of texture between the roe, the mustard seeds, and the fish dip underneath and it comes with fried nori chips.

 The fried plantains my husband had were awesome. He said it was some of the best he had. He just wasn't sure if that was worth 17$ though as a starter. 

Quite a few of the cocktails are batched, but they have a large cocktail menu to choose from with ecclectic drinks in my opinion. They were able to make what I asked for my specifications because I do prefer Tito's vodka. I did find that I enjoyed the mocktails better because I could just add Tito's Vodka to them.


















We finished dinner up with Affogato, which was very, very good and my husband orders it probably a few times a month if its on the menu when we dine out. Overall, this was an excellent experience. Everything went smoothly even though the restaurant only just opened yesterday. I would definitely return and recommend coming here. I would say price wise for two people it's gonna be $$$.







No comments:

Post a Comment