Tuesday, May 7, 2024

17 Year Wedding Anniversary Vacation Pt. 1 Recap & Review & Photoroll : Tampa & Ocala

                         


And sense we are celebrating our wedding anniversary here is this little collage of photos of my husband and I from high-school. We are so cute!

                           

It is amazing how fast time goes by. I can't believe last year we celebrated our 17 year messing anniversary in style! This is just a quick recap which has some photos that were never published. For my anniversary I usually go all out on my dress, but this year I actually chose this soft Dian Von Furstenberg dress as a casual choice because my husband was sick and at the time, I wasn't even sure we were going to be able to go to our anniversary dinner. 

                           

                           The dress is simple, but elegant. I liked the colors in particular and even though it may not be intended to give off beach vibes that is how I styled it.

                         I think we are peobably never going to get a good photo of us in here! We tried though, I was actually shocked that they asked us if we wanted a photo because they have a no cameras rule.           


It's amazing how much we find ourselves at this hotel. Constantly actually. Lilac is one of my favorite restaurants and I was so happy they got their Michelin star last year and maintained it in 2024. I have eaten here twice and this particular dinner was the second time, the meal blew us completely away. 

We had the fish and grits. As a Florida girl who did grow up humble in a small home in the country we often ate fish and grits every single day. My grandfather fished and he dropped off fresh fish all the time. So, when I saw they had this on the menu I was intrigued. I knew it wasn't going to be like what my family makes. 

It was one of the best meals I have had in the year of 2024. Now, I have a million videos and I am not sure if I can even add them on here, but if I can I will add the dinner video because this meal was prepared tableside.










For our anniversary trip we took a quick little road trip up to Ocala to stay at another one of our favorite hotels The Equestrian which is home to the World Equestrian Center. I am not even into horses or horse riding, but I love it here. The air is so fresh and clean. The hotel is so grand and fabulous! The rooms are equally as fabulous and the dining and shopping is great. This hotel is by no means a "hidden gem" but a lot of Floridans do not know it is here.



During our stay the Grand Prix was going on so we upgraded our room to have a stadium view so we could watch the show from. our room. The first time we stayed here it rained the entire time except the day we checked out so all of the shows were canceled.


And...I finally got to go into the toy store and hubs bought me this 4 ft. baby giraffe which I have always wanted.






                          

                             

                      


                            

                              

                               


                             



So, the main event of our anniversary wasn't any of these things that we did. All of this was just like, gearing up for our big trip.  So we had a series of anniversary dinners and brunches and enjoyed ourselves.


I have been to Olivia more times than I can remember, but I have never been to brunch because it's more of a commitment for me. You have to reserve your table with a credit card and there is a cancelation fee within like 24 or 48 hours of the reservation.  Sometimes I want brunch and then when it is time to a actually go I just want to sleep instead. So, we finally went and we had a really great time.



This was dinner the night before we left. Dinner at Ponte, another one of my favorite restaurants. 





                               

No comments:

Post a Comment