Saturday, October 15, 2022

#Nopassportneeded: The Equestrian Hotel (Aircation): Totally Fabulous Green Plaid Blazer + Totally Fabulous Green Plaid Mini Skirt + Louis Vuitton

 

So, I am totally channeling Blair from Gossip Girl here (the OG GG not these re-boots). I have had this little suit set for a while now (like many of my lewks) and I was waiting for the perfect time to wear it. When is there ever a perfect time? Well, vacation in my opinion is always a great time. I am staying at the Equestrian World Center which is a place that you would not expect me to be at really, but I love luxe, I love fabulousness and things that are different and inspiring! I think the look came together quite nicely. I never put a lot of time into my outfits when I am on vacation, I try to keep it simple because I don't want to pack much.
















Totally Fabulous Green Plaid Blazer: Lulus Boutique

 + Totally Fabulous Green Plaid Mini Skirt:  Lulus Boutique

The Carrie top: Free People

Headband: Lulus Boutique, not recent

Necklace: Kendra Scott, Rayne Mother of Pearl

Cherie Slingback Heels: Louis Vuitton

Bag: Louis Vuitton, Over The Moon

Lipstick: MAC Temptation




Stirrups


Stirrups is a very upscale modern steakhouse located at the Equestrian Hotel. You have to have a reservation to dine there and they have indoor and outdoor seating. If it is not hot out or raining, the outdoor seating is really nice because it overlooks the arena. This is also ideal for brunch when there is an event going on. We had a really great time all four times that we dined here. This restaurant is expensive to note, the first night we really went in on everything and when you order oysters at a restaurant it usually comes at quite a markup. The other times I feel the meals were more balanced because honestly we were getting overly stuffed.


They have this amazing house made steak sauce that is so good you will want to drink it! It is gluten free and we had it with our steaks as well as with our pork chops and it was great on both! The decor around the entire hotel is the standard as the focus here is horses and high society dogs (they also do dog shows here in the arena). If you ask me this really reminded me of way back in the day when we would eat at the Palm all the time in Westshore, but I never liked the Palm. They never did anything that stood out or impressed me. I was however impressed with this place and that is why I deemed it, "not your parents steakhouse". I really loved it here. 


ICEBERG WEDGE bacon lardons, tomato, fried onions, blue cheese, buttermilk garlic dressing



So, they have a pretty good menu. Being a Celiac I was so happy that they have these clear wheat symbols to show what is free of wheat. It made planning our stay really easy. I figured you can't go wrong with a wedge salad, but surprisingly I didn't like it much and gave it to my husband. The oysters however were so delicious we got 2 dozen. Their mignonettes were very interesting and different from any place I have been.


CHILLED OYSTERS* pineapple ginger mignonette, hogwash




16 OZ PRIME RIB EYE* served with Stirrups signature steak sauce



So, the top steak was my husband's and my 6 oz filet is the one on the bottom. These were some of the best steaks that we both have had in a while. And don't get me wrong, I don't eat a lot of meat or red meat anymore, but I used to and my husband was not only a meat butcher, but a avid steak eater earlier in our marriage so we know good steak. The idea that this 5 star steak house is just chillin in the middle of no where in Ocala is crazy. It is crazy good!





CREAMED CORN braised onions, smoked bacon, chives



MASHED POTATO buttermilk



This was my 6 oz filet
It is cooked perfectly, medium rare and I have steak sauce already poured on it in the photo. 



This desert is not gluten free because of the garnish on the plate and from what I was told it was already pre-plated with that cookie garnish so it was not safe for me to eat so hubs partook in the awesom-ness shown.







No comments:

Post a Comment