Saturday, October 22, 2022

Chocolate on Chocolate Tunic Sweater | "Airie in the City" A Visit to The Tampa EDITION & Azure Restaurant



Happy Saturday loves! Today, I am sharing some details on my visit to The Tampa Edition this weekend. This weekend was the grand opening of Tampa's 1st five star hotel: The Tampa Edition in the Water Street district 500 Channelside Dr. (this is right across from Publix Plaza and a block away from Sparkman Wharf). Located within the new 56-acre Water Street Tampa neighborhood you will find The Tampa Edition designed by Morris Adjmi Architects with interiors inspired by Roman & Williams; including 172 guest rooms and suites. 

Other existing and planned EDITION hotels are located in major cities throughout the globe, including Miami ,New York, Los Angeles, London, Barcelona and Shanghai.



Look of the night featuring: Chocolate on Chocolate







You will see I have three distinct sets of photos. I will address this below.








Photo differences: I was told the only thing you can use in their lobby is a cell phone after using what is my standard and preferred camera to take a few shots of my outfit. I hope they keep that same energy for everyone that comes through their door (no matter what their social media following is) because while Marriott went out of their way to heavily make a beautiful "Instagramable" space it is also a hotel in which vacationing people will have cameras! 

I can tell you it is so dimly lit at night like seen in may photos above even with a cell phone the only photo I was getting wasn't going to show up given I am a chocolate woman right? I also literally had to wait behind 6 to 7 people to take a photo on the stairs so I definitely wasn't the only one taking a photo to capture the memory and outfit. The stairs and the pool seem to be the main spots where people want that "Instagramable" spot FYI.

I am glad that this happened though because I as a paying customer feel that I can tell you guys my experience honestly because there are times when if you are hosted it is 100% a different experience than if you come there as a regular paying customer and they don't know you are a content creator and you get treated differently (which is why I always disclose if something is hosted or sponsored) or if you had something like this happen, but you were hosted you may be less inclined to speak up. 

So, if you want to keep reading my restaurant review is below. Yep, there is more!



Even darker photos lol, well even though I was accused of being a professional photographer or having a professional camera I am not. So all I can do is share the photos for the knowledge and aesthetic. It was cold this day and I had planned to wear something totally different, but for some reason I went with the all brown look not even thinking about how it would match the natural decor. They have a lot of plants in here, like a crazy amount of plants, it will make you want to just stop and stare. The lobby is very very gorgeous and I don't think anyone can argue that.


Forever In Love Copper Tunic Sweater: Red Dress Boutique 


Earrings: Kendra Scott

Necklace: Kendra Scott

Arm cuff: Kendra Scott, Candace in rose gold

Boots: Stuart Weiztman Highland boots, similar here

Bag: Louis Vuitton Toiletry pouch + chain (vintage) similar here +

Lipstick: MAC Bronze Shimmer


The Tampa Edition
Newest Hotel in the Water Street District 


1 of 3 hotel restaurants.
Azure: Featuring elevated food and beverage from Michelin-starred chef, John Fraser.
Mediterranean inspired

This restaurant shares the rooftop with the pool bar and light bites restaurant. We actually were seated outside at the pool restaurant and bar first. Their menu is almost the same as Azure, but it is smaller with less options and no entrees. I also noticed there are some different drink options also.

Azure located on the 9th floor is currently according to them "fully committed for the month (extending into December" so unless you can snag a seat at the bar you have to dine at the pool restaurant and bar or one of the other bars in the hotel that may also serve light bites. The menu is not large at Azure, but they have a lot of great items including fresh seafood such as fresh oysters, oyster shooters, octopus carpaccio, and Little Neck Clams on ice. 

Azure similarly offers these items as well as options include Antipaxos starting at 75.00$ and Crete at 120$ (these are basically seafood towers). 

Small plates:Grilled Cesar, Lamb meatballs, grilled octopus...

 Larger plates: Grilled kebabs, Aegean fried chicken, Bronzino, Lobster or a Dry aged Tomahawk...

They also have desserts (Balklava bites, rice pudding, Greek cookie plate and ice cream Sundae) and more than what I have listed.


This was an interesting  drink that I tried first which was called Super Greens




This is the Lobster Greek salad 105$ 

with chilled Maine Lobster Campari, tomatoes, Persian cucumbers, feta, and Kalmata Olives. 


This salad is easily about 4 to 5 servings, it is huge and absolutely delicious and worth every penny. The light dressing and seasoning on it was just right. It made dinner easy because I am a salad and seafood lover so hubs and I shared this huge salad and he ordered Kebabs with fries for himself also. I would highly recommend this.

We had about 1 serving left, it did get soggy over night, but it was still edible. I would just say come ready to eat if you order this! It has a lot of lobster including the body and claw meat and it was very tender and juicy; to me it had a light lemon-y flavor to it.





Hanger-steak Kebabs with fries and Greek salsa verde and green Tebouleh 



My overall opinion on the restaurant is 9/10 or 4/5 stars. Mainly service became really really slow after it was clear I wasn't ordering anymore drinks, we were still ordering food or attempting to, but that food was never actually brought out to us so we just asked for the bill which took another half an hour. I liked everything else.




There is limited street parking (Park Mobile which I prefer it was 5.00 to park for 2 hours on the street). The hotel does have valet 30.00$ and the restaurants do validate parking. but only 15.00$ of it.







No comments:

Post a Comment