Thursday, June 3, 2021

VLOG City Life May 2021 - Soho-Hyde Park Housewife For Life! 20 Pound Weight-loss & Health Update #6 ...Gluten Free Home Cooked Meals and Recipes + Hauls


We are coming down to the end of Spring! May is one of my favorite months because it feels so good outside. It's the perfect weather for outdoor events so we decided to get started with some fun things in Tampa. I have a lot of extra blog photos that didn't make the original posts so they are seen here first. 


This look- The 2 year anniversary of Poke Works!




Our 1 year anniversary in our new home!


 
10 Things About Me:

Looking for great info and places to go in Tampa? well, I am your person. 

Born and raised Tampa native (5th generation).

I'm old enough to remember when Brandon Town Center was just a cow pasture. 

Alma Mater: University of South Florida.

This year, my blog & YouTube channel are 10/11 years old. I am an OG.

I was raised in the country and moved to the city so now I am a bit of a pariah in my family aka "City Girl"

My dad is from the country (my grandfather settled this town) and my mom is from the city (1st home in Ybor and second in Tampa proper).

I am excited and back in the mix. 

What places do you want to see me visit? 

When it's safe, I can't wait to go on vacation again because I miss it, but while currently enjoying Tampa I am enjoying my brand new home that we just got at the start of the Spring 2020.

                         














This month was full of new adventures as we start to emerge from our homes again. I finally got to go to a local store and pick up some indoor house plants, planters, and food from Yura Vine Brothers.





My orchids (I have 2 indoors that my husband bought me) are doing really well. I have never had a Phal rebloom in all the years I have been an orchid lover (over 10 years). They love it in front of this window and they just keep re-blooming on their own.



DATE NIGHTS: well, its been a while since I had substantial date night recaps that did not include takeout photos. Can you tell how happy we are? Oh YES!


Sea Salt 
Downtown St. Pete













FIRST INDOOR EVENT
The Dali Museum
Vincent Van Gogh "Alive"


This immersive experience will be in several cities so if you are lucky enough to have it in your city or nearby city I urge you to check it out. It was really intense and beautiful and unlike any way I have ever taken in art visually before.



Annanta Wine Bar & Kitchen
Downtown St. Pete



At the end of May for Memorial Day Weekend hubs surprised me with an extra day off! Since we were officially safe to go dine in restaurants again I decided to do a Holiday weekend restaurant tour. It was a lot, I think 6 restaurants in 5 days. I have a lot to share with you all starting in June, but here are some photos from the first restaurant weekend post. Its going to be a mixture of some of our old favorite places and then the newly opened restaurants in South Tampa and Downtown St. Pete. And here is a little tidbit of info: there is a lookbook already up of all 5 outfits (I just haven't posted it on my blog yet).


Our first brunch!!!
Counter Culture
Pamla Ceia (South Tampa)





Fitness: Holy plateau! I definitely hit a plateau around April and never lost the last 3 pounds. I now have a treadmill at home and I will have to actually loose that with working out more and burning extra calories. One of the things that I have been doing in addition to yoga is walking up and down the stairs (I try to do that 8 times a day).

Hauls: 


Louis Vuitton Kirigami Pouchette




C/O Ettika




GLUTEN FREE MEALS COOKED BY MYSELF- RECIPES AVAILABLE BY REQUEST IF NOT POSTED.


Pesto recipe here


I made this one night that I wanted to do a meatless night. My husband usually consumes meat on a regular basis unlike me, so his pasta was served with grilled chicken thighs.

That frozen pasta shown in the ingredients photo was absolutely terrible. It was a terrible purchase and I would not recommend it. Its no quicker than boiling pasta and making it on your own which is what I had to do and you benefit from having the reserved pasta water.










My favorite Summer salad


This is like Fattouch, but its not the exact recipe because I don't have any pomegranate syrup.

Everything is to taste (you can never use to much Sumac in my opinion)

Ingredients:
Salt
Sumac
EVOO
Tomatoes (2 tomatoes)
Spring mix salad
Lemon juice
Cucumbers (half)
Sliced white onions (a quarter of an onion)



In a salad bowl add in 1 box of salad and all the ingredients. Pour the EVOO all over, I usually just eyeball it, but I would say it's about 3 to 4 tablespoons and then 8 tablespoons lemon juice. 

Mix it all together. Note: this salad will taste different if you mix the spices and juice and whisk it beforehand like you would do a regular dressing so I do not recommend that

Once you add the salt the tomatoes will release water adding more flavor to this "dressing" and its ready to serve. Sprinkle the Sumac generously over the top of the salad before serving.










No comments:

Post a Comment