Monday, June 7, 2021

Shake Shack Midtown Grand Opening!!! Blue Plaid Crop Top + High Waist Jeans + Jimmy Choo Wedges

















Make You Feel Fine Blue Plaid Crop Top: Red Dress Boutique (This was a sale item that is now out of stock).

Skinny Jeans: High waisted Jeans (2 buttons): L'agence, similar here
A similar option: Red Dress Boutique love these here also

Wedge Espadrilles: Jimmy Choo Aleili

Earrings: C/O Ettika

Anklet: C/O Ettika

Candace Cuff: Kendra Scott in gold

Lipstick: MAC Viva Glam Ariana Grande II




As the title denotes today was the grand opening of the Midtown Shake Shack. If you aren't familiar with Midtown it is a shopping, living, and working district thats right in between the Westshore business district and downtown Tampa. Their Hotel, Aloft boasts views of downtown Tampa from their rooftop bar at Sal Y Mar.

I have always wanted to go to Shake Shack, when I was in L.A. for work I lamented not having our friend drive us to Shake Shack. There are dome locations in the Olando area, they are further into the city than we usually go. So, when I found out that one was opening less than a mile away from us I was extremely excited.



So here are the facts: It isn't entirely Celiac friendly and there can be elements of cross contamination. There is a gluten free bun option (at an uncharge) and you can also get your burger protein style. I opted for protein style for 2 reasons: I have been gluten free for so long now due to Celiacs Disease (11 years) that I am used to unless burgers and hot dogs and prefer them that way. And secondly, eliminating the bun eliminates the possibility of cross contamination as long as clean gloves are used.

Here is what sucks, the fries are not gluten free. The fries are cooked in a frier that also contains grease from the mushroom vegetable burger and its not recommended that you eat them, period.

A tip: If you are gluten free due to medical reasons order your food separate from anyone else in your party, otherwise it will or can come out all on one tray with the fries and burgers touching. I ordered separately from my husband and that was not an issue.


How did I like it? I am going to be pretty honest... I go to Five Guys because its close by and its consistent  with being g gluten free and their fries are gluten free. However, sometimes it can be a hit or miss (like their burgers are dry and then if you order it all the way protein style it can fall apart quickly and you will have burger juice everywhere. With the burger from SS it was wrapped in really high quality lettuce, the lettuce was not to thick and not to thin and it did not fall apart even when the grease from the burger patties collected in the bottom. The burger was juicy and delicious flavor wise I completely skipped adding mustard and ketchup. Overall, it was a better burger and it was very tasty! So, I will bring my own fries lol (I am serious).










No comments:

Post a Comment