Sunday, February 9, 2020

Florida State Fair VIP Opening Weekend Bash (Hosted Event): Happy Place Sky Blue Tee + Shorts + Mules





Today, I was invited to the #FLSF Fest Opening Weekend Bash which was a hosted VIP event at the Florida State Fairgrounds to kick off the fair season! The Florida State Fair is very very popular and it is a great thing to do for date night or family night. In the past we, (meaning my friends and I or my husband and I) always attended "Fair Day" which is the day that it is free to enter if you have your student I.D. It's been a couple of years since I have visited the fair, my favorite attraction is Cracker Country and every time I wanted to go it just wasn't feasible with my work schedule because it closes at sunset (currently in between 5:30pm and 6:30pm). I am happy to say today I finally made it in time to visit Cracker country. As for fair food, as a gluten free foodie I know when to bow down and messing with fair food is not going to get me anywhere but sick.

 I am sure there are some places that have some good gluten free options, but I have come to notice that my diet is so restricted now from gluten, specific oils, butters, seasonings...There are just things that will make me sick because I am not used to it anymore. I did take note over by the Gate 2 entrance there were food trucks (and I like food trucks). It has been a while since I visited the fair- like 5 years I think, but there were never any food trucks and that is a great addition. One in particular caught my attention, it looked Caribbean, but as we got closer it seemed to be Asian Street food with noodles. Everything looked absolutely delicious! And the Aerepas booth caught my husbands attention. And aerepas are gluten free by the way. In Cracker Country they were selling freshly cooked pork rhinds and kettle corn (also gluten free).



Being invited to the fair is so fetch and I am so grateful for the opportunity! Hubs and I had a great time spending an entire three hours at the fair and visiting Cracker Country. We enjoyed small bites and cocktails at the Waterfront Cafe also which was a nice additive.







So, this year the fair is promoting this foodie food tour of fair foods. It sounds fun and it will be coming up this week. This VIP event was pretty cool and we had lite bites (nothing gluten free except popcorn and cotton candy) and cocktails. We had a nice set up by the water and it was quite pleasent. I thoroughly  enjoyed my time at the fair and was so glad to be invited to have some fun in the sun with my loving husband. Now, maybe this year we will make it to the Strawberry Festival! 
We will see.
XOXO












Happy Place Sky Blue Tee: RDB

Shorts: Red Dress Boutique, not recent

Mules: Shoedazzle

Bag: Louis Vuitton Speedy

Lipstick: MAC Heroine



















No comments:

Post a Comment