Saturday, February 8, 2020

Saint Yago Knight Parade 2020... Twist Cable Knit Button Through Cardigan + High Waist Jeans


Happy Weekend loves! Today is the annual Knights of Saint Yago Knight Parade in historic Ybor City. We go every year as it is my favorite Gasparilla event and this year I got us bleacher seats right in front of some popular restaurants on 7th avenue. We were in a completely different area this year than where we usually set up and honestly, I like my other area on 7th ave better. It was a headache to get to the bleachers and parking was easy, but not "secure" we were just parked in some random persons yard. So I booked these tickets with a company I have never used before and I want to let y'all know that they didn't provide ANY info on where to go to find these bleachers. We were walking around not knowing where to go and I ended up having to call customer service which was about to close. I won't be buying tickets with this company again. The business who hosted the bleachers was on one end of 7th ave and the actual bleachers were completely on the other end. 

So, where we were set up it kind of seemed like by the time the floats and people got down to us the people were tired and did not hand out any beads. A lot of people looked like they didn't even want to be there at that point and in my old spot its lit every year! My spot is at the start of the parade route so it makes sense that the energy is all the way live right there. It was a good experience, it was nice to have a designated spot and I could sit down in between floats, but all in all it wasn't worth the 27$ Along the parade route there were a lot of spots right in the front that were empty where we could have stood for free!

 So, cest la vie!

 Hubs got some good shots of the floats since we were so close. One thing I will say, I didn't get more beads being right in the front (I thought I would), but it was nice not having all these taller people blocking my view and knocking me down trying to get beads. So, I guess there are pros and cons.

If you are looking to go next year, I always say just park in the parking garages by Centro Ybor or the Orange garage by the HCC Ybor campus because your car will be safer there and it is well lit in and around the garage. The HCC campus lots aren't well lit, but there are cops all around there. And I will admit I don't really worry too much being in Ybor like a lot of people do because as I always say I went to school down there for two years. You can also park on campus, but your car may be towed (mine has never been towed lol). 

The parade is about 2 hours long and I usually stay for about 1 hour depending on how crowded it is or if we have dinner plans. We usually go to Roy's after the parade, but they are cancelled so this year we walked on over to the newest Ybor restaurant The Barterhouse to have dinner. I reviewed this place in January during their opening week here.


As for my outfit, I wasn't in the mood to do something dressy, I actually think I always wear jeans to the parade. I got this cute cardigan that is supposed to be a cropped cardigan, but the small is really big on me so it just looks like a big baggy sweater. I love yellow and the color pops so for me its a keeper. And I should have never worn these booties. NEVER, worst idea ever.









Twist Cable Knit Button Through Cardigan: Shein

Jeans: L'agence

Spiritual high charm necklace: Ettika

Booties: not recent

Bag: Louis Vuitton Alma




















Barterhouse Ybor City
Wagyu NY Strip steak with smashed potatoes and broccolini
























No comments:

Post a Comment