Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Destination Anniversary on The Palm Coast: Neutrals Are Anything but Boring! Cut Out Knot Jumpsuit + Mules


So, we aren't exactly having a great time on vacation thus so far. This has been an interesting trip; the weather is crazy up here in North Florida and unpredictable. Its been raining a lot and I haven't been able to take any cute outdoors photos sadly. I have always wanted to stay at a lodge so this place was really appealing because its a lodge on the beach with is so fetch. Anyhow, I hate that we couldn't get shots anywhere cute, but the lodge had a nice loft area that I could at least get a few. 

This is actually an outfit that I had planned for my Dallas trip in June. Its very comfortable and the linen is breathable and lightweight even if its hot. I never thought North Florida could be hotter than South Florida, but the "feels like" degrees today was 109 degrees and I was beyond shocked. If you are not familiar with this city its because it isn't a real city, its like a huge housing community that stores and different things were built around the houses and this hotel (we have similar areas like this in Tampa). But to be clear, we are basically in between St. Augustine and Daytona Beach.









Cut Out Knot Jumpsuit: Shoedazzle

Mules: Shoedazzle

Double disc Necklace: c/o Ettika

Bag: Louis Vuitton

Assorted bangles: Kendra Scott

Jeweled hair clips: Soho Style

The Atlantic Grill

Dinner at the restaurant at the lodge honestly was a hot mess. What is more angering is that since its. not a real city there aren't a lot of restaurants in this area. The nicest restaurant is this one and they know that which is why they provide sub par service. Their food and plating looks nice, but none of the seafood tastes fresh. It all tastes frozen. As you can see my food tested positive for gluten and they told me it was gluten free. To make matters worse when I asked for them to remake the fish they said the chef and staff clocked out and went home. Chile...I basically had to eat almonds for dinner and I was mad as hell.

And you cant get a drink here earthier because the bar tenders clocked out and left too. I am starting to question why I even came here because everyone is very much older and they are shutting things down at 9pm and sending us to bed and I am just like How Sway?

Below fish of the day- it can be made three ways

Blackened Branzino



They found "someone" to re-make my fish and this is what they served me and charged me FULL PRICE for this b.s. They said they ran out of rice and vegetables because it was now 10pm. I really hope they see this mess of a meal they served me and ask themselves do they feel proud that they served me this bare pre-frozen fish and charged me full price ($35.00) as if I had two sides...

Y'all I am still mad even as I write this. The second fish was gluten free, but as you can see its barely seasoned- the guy literally was asking me if black pepper contained gluten...The fish had an odor also. I knew because people were clocking out and going home its likely they would give me any old thing just to get me out of there. This meal is an embarrassment and whoever works there as their Chef should be ashamed.




No comments:

Post a Comment