Saturday, February 16, 2019

VLOG City Life: What I Eat When My Husband is Away On Business Gluten Free/Flexitarian Part 4

Sautéed asparagus, turkey bacon, and scrambled cheddar eggs made with creme fraiche 




Meal prep- This is something I just threw together.








 Lunch- Tuna fish with baked home fries with curly parsley

Temp 395 for 30 to 35 min on foil with evoo on all fries

black pepper
salt
garlic and wine

peel 1 Yukon gold and let sit in room temp water
cut into fries
dice curly parsley and soak in the same water
when your ready to cook place on foil on cast iron.

Broccolini with a hard boiled egg and rice noodle soup
This recipe was the most requested noodle soup that I have had and honestly I loved it a lot. The hard boiled egg goes really well with the broccolini. I usually make my noodle soups by what veggies I have in the fridge so they are always different. I never thought broccolini would be a good additive for a noodle soup, but it was amazing. Its been a while since I had thin rice noodles and an egg also in my soup so I was over the moon. I grew up eating ramen noodles (instant) and gradually got more into going to ramen restaurants before it became popular like it is now.

Having Celiacs meant giving up real ramen, but it opened my world to all the posibilities I had with making broth and rice noodle bowls. They are a lot healthier and easier to make and I can honestly say after about six years I feel like "what ramen?" Since this shot was requested so much by everyone here is the recipe. Bon Appetite

chicken broth
beef broth
water
Broccolini florets 5
1 egg
thin rice noodles
sliced white onion
sliced garlic 2 cloves
green onions 1 including white part
seseme oil
chilli oil

chilli powder
celery salt
salt
pepper
red pepper flakes
garlic powder







Bok Choy rice noodle soup



So this was my take on recreating one of the Harvest Bowls. I made everything from scratch and combined my grains. I have to admit it is just as good.

shrimp 5
cilantro
garlic 2 cloves
salt
pepper
butter 1 half tablespoon
oil
cook and squeeze half a lime over them 6 minutes

grains mix
basmati/quinoa mix 1/4th cup

cook try blend of quinoa separately in cast iron...add salt, pepper, butter. at the end leave covered and add fresh cilantro 1/4th cup

lentils 1/4th cup
cook separately add butter, salt at the end, cilantro (just a dash) garlic powder.
fresh garlic and onion. once slice of half an onion diced and 1 garlic clove
all very small amounts

when its all done combine in a bowl and serve



Mushroom and Broccolini rice noodle soup


Crispy veggie buttery omelette 



No comments:

Post a Comment