Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Fabulous February 2019 City Life Part 1: Our Birthday Month! New Gluten Free & Keto Recipes + Hauls + And New Yoga Meditation Corner!


Hi loves! This month's City Life post will be in two parts because February is one of my most busy months. There are so many events in Tampa during this month because Gasparilla lasts from January to March. Its also my birthday month as well as my husband, mom, and brother so we have a lot going on. This has been a busy month, but fun. I try not to get too caught up in work these days because I have been really going into overdrive as well as my husband. One thing that was fun this month was working on my photography which is why I started out with photos of these sunflowers that I took.



For my husbands birthday I decided to take him to one of his favorite spots Davidoff of Geneva which is a cigar bar. You can hang out in there even if you don't smoke and you don't have to be a man to be in there (ok, so I did think this). I had a great time in there and found it to be relaxing. Despite having Asthma cigar smoke has never bothered me much. I also loved that the entire bar is actually a humidor so my hair just got more and more curly while I was in there and by the time I left I was in full Diana Ross mode. yessss.






GASPARILLA KNIGHT PARADE- YBOR CITY











MEDITATION & YOGA CORNER


So, this is my yoga and meditation corner. I had to go a few months without it so that there would be space for our Christmas tree. When I came back I decided to do something different. I guess I really did something really different because my old yoga space did not look like this! This is so me, it feels like me, and I can go over there and relax. Given, its literally right next to the kitchen trash can thats condo life. I can still go over there and have a moment if I need to which is nice.

Pillows: Pier 1
Animal print pillows: Pier 1
White fur blankets: Pier 1
Animal print blankets: Pier 1
Sheepskin rug: Pier 1









Valentines Day gift /o Avon


This months stones


This months Rocksbox



Exciting news! I am so happy to tell you all I was chosen as the local expert to represent Tampa in the New Market Mafia magazine! I work so hard at creating great content and really don't get a lot of recognition and this was a great way for me to start out the new year! You can find the digital print here and you can also find them on Facebook and Instagram. The Winter edition will be available for up to one year online. There will also be a spotlight feature on their blog for me (its not up yet). Market Mafia is a local magazine that is distributed in over 60 stores and restaurants in the major cities in Florida.


DATE NIGHTS





Roys Tampa





BIRTHDAY DINNER- COOPERS HAWK TAMPA
Coopers Hawk





GASPARILLA KNIGHT PARADE- ROYS TAMPA










VALENTINES DAY- OCEAN PRIME













* ALL GLUTEN FREE FOODS COOKED BY MYSELF: RECIPES ARE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST IF NOT LISTED


Sirloin & potato stew

Ingredients

  • 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/2 medium white onion chopped
  • 2 sticks celery chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic minced
  • 1 pound ground chuck
  • celery salt
  • (28 fluid ounce) can diced tomatoes with juices
  • 4 cups beef broth
  • 3 cups water
  • 4 small Yukon potatoes quartered
  • 1 dash Italian seasoning
  • Salt & pepper to taste
  • garlic powder

  • Instructions
  1. Add the olive oil, onion, and celery to a large soup pot. Sauté for 5-7 minutes, until softened.
  2. Stir in the garlic, followed by the beef. Add your spices salt, pepper, celery salt, garlic powder to the beef.

    Cook until the beef has browned, stirring occasionally (about 5 minutes).  
  3. Add in the canned tomatoes, beef broth, water, potatoes, and Italian seasoning. 
  4. Cook on medium heat and bring the soup to a boil and cover. Let the soup boil for 45 minutes to 1 hour until potatoes are soft.

    Serve with fresh minced curly parsley.




Chicken parmasean here

Simple protein bowl 


Ground turkey stuffed peppers both gluten free and a keto version shown


keto version made with cauliflower rice



No comments:

Post a Comment