Monday, September 10, 2018

95 Days of Summer: A Dedication to Someone Taken Too Soon + My Simple Summer Look For Weekend Brunch


To my younger self I would say don't trust everyone. Only you can look out and love you for you.

My self now...it is ok to be upset. Women are put into standards which require us to smile when we are in pain, dismiss off hand comments, and deal with sexual harassment.

And to my self now and forever you can be you, you can feel how you feel and not feel guilty, and know that you are worth it and your feelings can not be invalidated by the opinions of others.


We are coming to the end of Summer, I did the the most I could possibly do. I literally drove my husband crazy because he is used to me holing up in the dark for most of Summer. I sucked it up, Celiac disease, arthritis, anemia, anxiety, seasonal depression and ALL of the rest of my ailments I just thought maybe I could give Summer a true chance.

 One of my favorite bloggers just motivated me to just try harder to not let my ailments overcome me. Rest in Peace Kyrzayda Rodriguez. Even in stage 4 cancer she was a true queen and I just did not want to let my ailments stop me from experiencing Summer just like she did. She was so beautiful in spirit and motivating to everyone who followed her and I will always remember that, especially when I want to just stay in and give up.

 I am saddened by her passing, but so happy she rests in peace and is no longer in pain. She was a beautiful soul that was taken too soon and beautiful to the very end.


This whole Summer was hard for me to be honest. These photos my husband took of me on this day, yesterday, are so moving and I am so thankful that I got to see another day and spend time with him. I am glad I had the will to get out of bed, exercise, and go out and see this world and continue to share it.


 I have to remind myself it is ok to have a bad day, it's ok to feel upset, and the day will move on. These photos were literally the perfect Summer day, but I was feeling so much and you would never know by looking at it. I felt horrible all week last week and I was so happy to just go outside honestly. We only get one life so cherish it. I survived almost the whole Summer and with two weeks left I feel like they may be my most stressful, but I am going to keep trying my hardest to be the best I can be even if sometimes that is not 100%.

 I have a really important event coming up this week, and I can't wait to share it with you all. This will be great news and I will recap it with what was great about Summer so stay tuned.
XOXO

















Dress: not recent, but I love this one here
Cardigan: Shein
Flats: Just Fab
Earrings: Kendra Scott Sadie Spear not recent
Leather wrap bracelet: Rocksbox Nakomol
Necklace: Kendra Scott Aiden in gold

Brunch- Rocco's Tacos Tampa

Gluten free Pulled Adobo Chicken with rice and beans
I know my last blog post was actually Rocco's, it was coincidence we ended up here yesterday since we were going to the mall to get our new phones. So here is Rocco's again, when I go there I try to try different things even though the beef and chorizo are my favorites.

Gluten free & Keto Conchintas Achiote (slow roasted pork) on Bibb lettuce

Gluten free & Keto Chorizo Tacos on Bibb lettuce


No comments:

Post a Comment