Tuesday, April 24, 2018

A Trip to Charleston Lookbook: Graphic Tee + Medium High Waisted Shorts + Heeled Sandals

                           

So, today was our second day in Charleston, but still less than 24 hours in the city. We were innedated with rain, wind, and cold weather all day; what a way to start vacation! We made our way around which I guess would be the shopping district ducking and dodging rain and trying to make the best of the situation. I think the most annoying thing was being stuck in the hotel for most of the day with very annoying and nosey hotel guests. I was lucky for a few minutes of sprinkling to capture my look of the day on the patio which would otherwise have people there.



Vacation T-shirt: Lulus
Shorts: Lulus
Heels: Just Fab not recent, love Carmen
Earrings: Kendra Scott Sadie Spear in.gold
Necklace: Kendra Scott Aiden in gold
Rings: Rocksbox Kate Spade stackable butterfly rings

Lipgloss Avon True Color Glazewear lipgloss in Citrus Shine




                        




















This restaurant will be getting an interesting review from me to be honest I wasn't impressed in the least with the service. I was told that many things were gluten free and it seems like if they were it was because I got "lucky". As I told you guys I accidentally packed all of these gluten tester capsules and then left my NIMA tester in my other bag; so, I have nothing to do but to make it really really clear that I have Celiacs when ordering- and hope that it is taken seriously. Don't you hate that feeling? Do I feel like it was taken seriously? In one word- NO.

 Anytime I was to question the staff on how the food was prepared I got attitude from them and the answer "I don't know, but I entered gluten allergy in the computer". That's not an acceptable response to someone with Celiac Disease especially if they asked you to specifically check something with the chef.

So my food below is "gluten free" but I was barely suspicious since they did cook the potatoes in a dedicated frier (didn't bother to mention this to me at all) and then told me they changed the oil the night before so nothing else was cooked in it... So anyhow, my trip is short so I will be testing it when I get home before I write a formal review...

Barbados Room at the Mills House Hotel
Gluten free mushroom, ham, and cheese omelette with gluten free toast and potatoes

Everything GF except biscuit- Mushroom omelette with potatoes


Links à la Mode, May 3rd, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment