Monday, February 19, 2024

Weekend Style Report:The Coco Set | A Visit to Luvchild Soho





















Coco Set: Free People

Oversized sweater: Free People, Nightingale Cardi 

Wedges: Vintage Sophia Webster 

Lipstick: MAC Twig




 LuvChild Soho
Despite being told things were allergen free (gluten free) nothing shown below is gluten free or safe from gluten. Every single thing that was labeled gluten free contained gluten (shown below) and I did get extremely sick. As a result a manager had to assist us and the meal was comped because I couldn't eat any of it safely, although I did eat the side salad and drink my cocktail.


I have eaten here before a few times and nI never had a problem with gluten although when I ate here it was around when the restaurant had first opened They may had been more strict with training and cross contamination back then. On this visit, the waiter was entering the gluten allergens per my request, I ordered a Cuban sandwich with NO BREAD and despite that the Cuban came out with bread the first time, then fried pickles the second time rendering it useless to me as it contained gluten.



Below, this is the 1st incorrect Cuban I was served with a side salad. I asked for no bread (basically just the meat and cheese).


Cubano
 shredded mojo pork or roasted turkey, pickles, cucumber, salami, pimento cheese, swiss, homemade stone-ground mustard


The second time they gave me the Cuban as I requested with no bread and I said no fried items, but still they included deep fried pickles which also should have been left off so I could not eat this either.


                          






I asked them if the yucca fries were cooked in a dedicated gluten free fryer at least 5 times and was told yes every single time. They too contained gluten cross contamination. Later on, it was admitted to me they were not fried in a separate fryer.




Yucca Fries DF GF PB
green mojo vinaigrette, purple olive sauce


The Masa de Puerto was told to me that it was not fried and was gluten free. That also was not the truth. Fried and contained gluten. I did eat some of this, the fries, and the side salad, all which made me sick. This was a long brunch in which I was told everything was safe to eat and it wasn't until I started asking more and more questions finally a manager arrived for their shift and told me "I just got here for my shift and I don't have any idea what they have been telling you, but don't eat any of this".


Masa de Puerco DF GF 
 crispy and tender roast

Below is my husband's food. He has no dietary allergies so his food was correct by the way.


Make Your Own Cuban Street Taco Platter 
yellow rice and beans







Cuban Side Salad.





No comments:

Post a Comment