Tuesday, February 13, 2024

We are in it for the Thrill of the Frill: Winter Date Night to Sunda Asian with Frilled Look of the Night

                          

                          




















Full look Zara, not recent

Heels: Jimmy Choo Abel, not recent

Bangle: Kendra Scott Candace cuff in gun metal

Lipstick: MAC


Sunda New Asian
Midtown


We dined in at Suna Asian and I was totally feeling vibes and atmosphere. Tye staff was friendly and we were seated promptly. We in fact had a great time even though there were a few opening night hiccups. I overall was very impressed with the quality of the food. It's pretty well known that ny husband and I drive all rhe way to Disney Springs just so I can eat at Morimoto Asia. Up until now, that was the only place that serves gluten-free miso soup. I also in general love their wok fried veggies. Well, I loved the miso soup at Sunda and yes, it is gluten-free. I added mushrooms to it also for a 1$ upcharge. Next, the grilled veggies without the curry sauce were great. I am a veggie lover and even though they weren't wok fried, I still loved them. 

So, this pear sake cocktail was pretty fire. It is rare that I enjoy a  cocktail as much at an Asian restaurant because usually there are things in them that are just too involved for me being that I have to Google every ingredient to ensure it is gluten-free. There was another drink I really wanted to try on the menu, but they didn't have the ingredients or the ice machine yet.

As usual we ate way more than expected and more that is shown. I can't wait to return. I have been waiting for this very restaurant to open for a while now. So, one thing I do want to mention is that I chatted with the GM for a while and he was very explicit that they train the staff very well on food allergens, but in particular Celiacs Disease (autoimmune disease) and cross contamination. 

I was really impressed with what I saw and he even said some menu items can actually be adjusted outside of what is denoted GF. I always love when a restaurant has well trained staff and understanding if what it is like to have Celiacs and what cross contamination means. 

I didn't show any sushi or nigiri in this post, but it was good. It wasn't the plain run of the mill kind you get standard, but you know, I guess I would say leveled up. 

We love that.
XOXO


BULGOGI ROTI TACOS 
shced sesame soy marinated rbeye, roti prata, red cabbage slaw.







ADOBO FRIED RICE
Pork Belly, Vegetables
crispy egg, Moq choy, carrots, mushrooms, toasted garlic.
Gluten Free




STEAMED BUNS
scallion bao buns filled with:
Pork Belly, adobo pork belly, pickled veggies.
Not Gluten Free




MIDORI ROLL 
hamachi, wasabi tobiko, avocado, cilantro. jalapeño, cucumber, lime.
Gluten Free







No comments:

Post a Comment