Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Aircation: Valentine's Day Surprise at Dinner at Sea + Sear Orlando| LOOK: Lingerie as a Playsuit | Wellness Food Tour - Orlando

 


Hi loves, so for V day I was back at my second home, Orlando! The last few weeks have been kinda crazy so I know this post is super late, but yea, I am still having that issue with Blogger not letting me access my photos so I am posting them as I can get them basically.


I found this cute romper in the lingerie section online. To me, it doesn't look like lingerie and I instantly loved the fabric and design. It looked comfortable! Initially, I felt like this was what I wanted to wear on my ride up to Orlando because I always try to wear something comfortable and then I would change to something sexy for dinner. I ended up wearing this to dinner (still sexy though) because I was so tired.


I was still basically coming off being sick (glutened in December) and atleast to me you can tell I am still kind of trying to get back into the groove of things. When I got sick it triggered a nasty skin flare up which causes a lot of insane itching and rashes. My cheeks and my eyes in particular had been itching non stop since early January and nothing I was doing was helping them so I just stopped wearing makeup for almost 2 months. So, this was actually my 1st day wearing make up or taking photos since my other hosted Valentines Day post and I actually skipped eye makeup in that one too.


Anyway, I had hubs stop and get me some eye drops for itchy eyes and finally they stopped itching and it was like I could see again clearly, but my eyes were so raw so yea the makeup might look a little off in these photos (any upcoming Orlando pics). And I just haven't gotten much sun because it's Winter,  but that's going to change soon.


I am a Winter baby obviously,  but I feel like by the time it's mid February the sun starts coming out again and I get so happy and excited so I feel more like a Spring baby. So this is the start of a new day for me. I committed to going outside, getting dressed even if I don't feel well and getting some sun; embracing new experiences. 


So, I wanted to finally stay at this hotel and go back specifically to Bonnet Creek.  I love it herebso much because of all the trees and swamp. I am really happy that Valentine's Day could start this way this year. I think it's been years since I came to O-town for V-Day.













Lingerie romper: Free People

Cardigan: JLUXLABEL 

Mules: Coach, not recent


My Orlando Wellness Food Tour is still going on!

This is stop # 10 I believe. Now, this restaurant recently opened. I have heard great things about it and so I wanted to check it out. I have so many restaurants in Orlando to check out, but very little time so when I go I try to maximize time.

Lucky for us, this restaurant is located in the JW Marriott hotel at Bonnet Creek (Disney). So, it is very low effort to show up which I desperately needed.


Stop # 10 in my Wellness Food Tour - Orlando because we need food to feed our soul! 

Wellness Food Tour- Orlando 2023/2024

1.The Foreigner Restaurant 

2.CANVAS Lake Nona

3.Nami Lake Nona (The Wave Hotel)

4.The Wilson (Celebration)

5.Chef Art Homecoming (Disney Springs)

6. Ragland Road Irish Pub (Disney Springs)

7. Amorettes Pattasserie (Disney Springs)

8. Akira Back's Salt & The Cellar (Hotel Ette)

9. Seito Sushi Sand Lake

10. Sear + Sea Bonnet Creek (JW Marriott Hotel & Resort)



So, since like I said I had been sick my food habits have changed the last 2 months. I personally enjoy soup a lot at any time. I like to order fun food, but if my stomach is feeling kind if wonky I will just do soup and salad which is what I did.  

This soup sounded awesome on paper, but to me it tasted like vinegar. Now, this is probably on me. I think my taste buds are still messed up from when I caught covid a few years ago and I lost my sense of smell and taste. There is still some foods I can't smell and some I can't taste. Some foods taste off to me sometimes and I am pretty sure this didn't taste strongly of vinegar because my husband also ordered it and he said it tasted fine. I ended up eating about half and gave mine to him.


I was supposed to be a Blue crab seafood bisque that had Old Bay seasoning in it and I love Old Bay seasoning. The Old Bay seasoning was undetectable by both of us. It also had some salmon roe and potatoes and celeriac, all things that have strong distinct flavors and I only tasted vinegar so yea, I am pretty sure that was just me. 

So anyway, my husband said the soup was fine and I believe that to be true. 







I had a salad as my entree. This was a Cesar salad with cauliflower and salmon roe. Now, I am once again going to tell you, this also tasted very vinegar-ry to me. 

On the whole I liked the salad. I hate cauliflower, but I think the idea of adding thin shaved amounts to a salad was great. It gave it an earthy umami flavor, texture, and made the overall dish interesting. It wasn't an overbearing amount of cauliflower and you could hardly see it because it blended in with the cheese. I thought it was good, I just needed a more anchovy heavy Cesar dressing with some tang.

 If you are gonna add salmon roe do the thing. This is just had a dab, don't play with me, do it up! I love salmon roe by the way and I make salad all the time with it, it tastes great if you add a lot and mix it up. It adds a lot of texture and flavor and color.



Fish.

Whole Branzino.

You can never really go wrong with grilled Branzino.



Wedge salad.

On the whole, we kept dinner kinda on the safe side. The steak prices here are really inflated in price. I personally don't eat a lot of red meat so I wasn't ordering steak anyway. I belive like a 7 or 8 ounce filet was over 100.00 $ and the steak is aged, but I would personally just order A5 Wagyu for that price if I'm going to eat red meat so we both skipped that. Personally, I am happy when hubs skips the red meat, I think seafood and chicken is always a better choice for us and the environment. 




No comments:

Post a Comment