Friday, March 24, 2023

You're Voyage Isn't Complete; Aircation | HUSBAND AND BIRTHDAY WIFE OOTN + Omakase Dinner at Akira Back Delray

  


I am finally in the place to start sharing my birthday vacation. February and March are some of my busiest montths and I honestly had a lot of collaborations and events that I had to post about before I could truly dedicate my time to this. My birthday, and in my family it is birthday week, but in my house we do birthday month.

The whole month is a celebration of ME!


So, for my birthday we packed it up to go somewhere we have never been before, other than the fact that we were on the A1A again. If you have never done a trip anywhere off the A1A you are missing out because that whole coastline is beautiful and it will take you from the bottom of Florida to Georgia.


Like every year I am always really stressed out and in need of a vacation by the time my birthday comes around. This one was so very very fun! I can't wait to share it all with you all. I did a very special Husband and Wife Birthday OOTN and I had been planning this "lewk" since November. I grabbed the wrong vintage skirt on the way out the house, but this one worked out better due to the fabric being very similar to my top.

This is another ethically made look, both his look and mine are from the same company. His shirt was my Christmas gift to him. He laughed so hard when he saw my shirt and couldn't believe I liked it. I was like "How can you not like this top it is fabulous!"


I let him pick out his shirt before I bought it since he did not care for the shirt I had. He was pretty unsure if he liked it and he got a compliment on his shirt as soon as we left our hotel room.




I still have never straightened my hair or used heat in 12 years now I believe, it could be 11 because I keep loosing track, but my last relaxer was September 2011 and I big chopped in November 2011, but my hair was still being flat ironed weekly. I saw that I had heat damage and completely big chopped in January 2012 and rocked the one inch TWA all the way to now. 

People have asked me to make a YouTube tutorial on how I get it like this and I haven't because all I do is wash it, I put it in a bun and then take it down when it dries. That is it. There isn't even any product in it most of the time except oil when I style it. My hair is very very fine and it does this naturally, but that is also why it got "heat trained so easily after my mini chopped and that is why I decided not to flat iron or heat dry my hair ever. The air was very dry and there was no humidity  issues being that it was February so it stayed pretty much like this until I went to the beach.







The dinner was the whole reason for going so keep scrolling to see this amazing birthday dinner I had. This was Dinner #1. Keep up because the next 30 days are an adventure as they usually are. 






Maison les énervés Daria corset w Siam print BLACK X1

Skirt: Vintage

Sandals: Jimmy Choo Maelie in black

Anklets: 3 different ones, C/O Ettika

Headband: J.Crew

Bracelet: Kendra Scott Abbie Statement in gold


HUBS:

T-shirt: Les énervés Cockatoo

Jeans: The Gap

Shoes: Sabah Shoes, Fort Worth Shoes



"The whole reason for going."

Do you all remember my anniversary dinner at Akira Back's Salt & Cellar at Hotel Ette. Well well well, he has another restaurant with a bigger and different menu and it was the whole reason for going. 


The courtyard to Akira Back Delray.




BLACKBERRY MULE: Haku Vodka, Fresh Blackberries, Ginger, Yuzu



BELOW
An Adventurous Journey to Cloud Nine with an Exciting Assemblage of Nine Petite Dishes, Unveiled Table Side. The chef chooses what nine items you will eat and he made sure all of mine were gluten free.



LYCHEE - TINI


WHAT I HAD:

9 COURSE OMAKASE
EVERYTHING IS GLUTEN FREE


Nazo 9 
(gluten free)

1st- Japanese uni, cucumber base, topped with ikura.

2nd- bacarat kombu, flounder carrot cucumber, topped with sesame.

3rd- amadai- tile fish, seared with hot oil, cooked on Robata grill.

4th chutoro tataki- mustard sumiso sauce, shiso leaf, pearl onions.

5th toro caviar- micro shiso, pickled daikon, pearl onions, Serrano, ossechra caviar.

6th akamutsu-Rosey sea bass

7th kimidai, black garlic caviar

8th tiger prawn

9th tako-ashi (giant octopus) shiso leaf.














INDIVIDUAL PHOTOGRAPHS
The lighting in here was terrible for photos btw so I took as many as I could to fully capture the effects of the display as well as show the food.













WHAT HE HAD
NOT GLUTEN FREE:



  • SCALLOPS ON THE HALF SHELL (2 PC
     )

    Kimchi, Bacon, Kochujang Butter





48 HOURS WAGYU SHORT RIB

Root Veggies, Quail Egg, Braising Jus



SHARABLES
ALSO GLUTEN FREE


JAPANESE MUSHROOM

Shiitake, Shimeji, Eringi, Yuzu Soy Butter (made without the soy butter).




BIRTHDAY DESSERT!
IT IS GLUTEN FREE


                                                   ASSORTED MOCHI ICE CREAM












No comments:

Post a Comment