Monday, March 13, 2023

2023 Food Tour: YOUNG, HUNGRY, & CURIOUS | A Visit Zukku-San Sushi Bar & Grill Wesley Chapel | Dusty Lavender Off-the-Shoulder Knit Sweater + Jeans


Hi loves! So, as you know I have kicked off 2023 with my very first food tour of the year and I am calling it "YOUNG, HUNGRY, & CURIOUS". Today's post takes me out to Wesley Chapel which is not an area that I go to a lot, but I used to a very very long time ago before all those restaurants and stores were even on Hwy 54. It was just woods and darkness for miles.


 With that being said, I had to take a couple of quick photos wherever I could stand of this lewk. 


This look was super cute. BUT, I am a lot smaller now than I was when I bought these pants and this sweater right, so it is all swallowing me up and for the life of me, I could not get this sweater straight around the neck. Purple is my favorite color and I loved this dusty lavender paired with the glasses, so if you can ignore how jacked up the sweater is maybe you will see what I was going for lol.






Daveny Dusty Lavender Off-the-Shoulder Knit Sweater: Lulus


 Jimmy Choo Maelie in black

Earrings: Kendra Scott 

Necklace: Kendra Scott 

Bracelet: Kendra Scott Abbie Statement in gold

Bag: Louis Vuitton Alma PM

Eyeglasses: C/O R.SERIO Not recent, similar Zelool

MAC Ariana Grande II w Magenta lip liner


 2023 Food Tour: YOUNG, HUNGRY, & CURIOUS


2. Zukku-San Sushi Bar & Grill Wesley Chapel 


So, if you are from the Tampa area and have frequented Armature Works you may have dined at Zukku. This location, Zukku-San Sushi Bar & Grill opened a couple of years ago in the huge plaza that has overtaken Hwy 54. It is a full restaurant with a larger menu. When they opened I was actually told that they had a larger menu than Armature Works and therefore, had many many more gluten-free options. This really isn't true. So, I have a mixture of my food and my husbands food below. Like in a lot of cases, his food options are way more vast and interesting.





Sweet teaa


Karaage Chicken
(Korean fried chicken)
Not gluten free








Ginger Salad
Not Gluten Free





Matcha Coffee



Assorted rolls
not gluten free




So, below is everything I had that was gluten free. The fried rice was pretty decent, very garlicky and fragrant and they gave me a very large portion with a lot of shrimp; it is a pretty good amount for a fair price. 
Jasmin rice with egg, peas, your choice of protein.


Shrimp fried rice
Gluten free



Unfortunately, they did not have Tamari (gluten-free soy sauce) so once again, I have to eat nigiri and sashimi with no soy sauce. You really need a very fresh and high quality fish to do this and find it to be entirely enjoyable. To me, the fish definitely tasted fresh, but the texture was giving more frozen fresh so it didn't have the same mouth feel as say a place that does omakase would. My husband on the other hand said he couldn't quite tell what I was picking up on and felt that it more so was just plain and basic tasting. The hand roll was the best, but I had to pack it up and bring it home and eat it with my gluten-free soy sauce.



Sashimi and handrolls
Gluten free


Salmon Hand Roll


Overall, a lot of detail and emphasis was put on rolls and none on Nigiri and Sashimi. No garnishes, no soy sauce, no nothing. It was a a one and done for us to be honest. It is about a 45 minute drive for us and we can get more (and better) options within five minutes of where we live. 

I am glad to have finally given this place a try though. On another note, the restaurant was pretty packed and busy. That area in general is like that because it is basically like suburbia. Also, a lot of fish that was on the menu was out of stock, the more Blue fin tuna, Blue fin Chu-toro, the O-Toro and Akamai Blue Fin.



Nigiri
individually shown below



Tuna Hand Roll




















No comments:

Post a Comment